|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
|Born|| September 21, 1987|
Brytni Sarpy (born September 21, 1987) is an American actress best known for her portrayal of Valerie Spencer on the ABC Daytime soap opera General Hospital.
Sarpy was born on September 21, 1987 in California. Her father is Mel Sarpy and her mother's name is Kim. Sarpy is of Creole (French, Italian and African American), Apache and Cherokee Indian and Filipino descent.
For most of her childhood, Sarpy lived in Sherman Oaks and attended high school in Rancho Cucamonga. Sarpy attended the University of California, Santa Barbara and graduated in 2008 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree. Sarpy began auditioning for professional gigs upon graduation worked several jobs to stay afloat. Sarpy worked as a bartender, a personal trainer at Equinox Fitness and also did commercial work as an athletic print model.
Sarpy started in theater where she appeared in several main stage and local productions where she received critical acclaim for her dramatic range and comedic timing. Brytni is also a trained dancer. The actress currently resides in Los Angeles where she is represented by Pantheon Agency for theater and Vision Talent and CESD for commercial and print work. She has appeared in commercials and print work for Nike, Yahoo!, AT&T, New Balance, and several others.
In addition to auditioning for the NBC soap opera, Days of Our Lives, Sarpy had previously auditioned for the General Hospital roles of Taylor DuBois and later Jordan Ashford for which she was too old and too young, respectively. Sarpy later won the contract role of Valerie Spencer and made her debut on March 20, 2015.
Sarpy's parents split when she was about 6 years old and Sarpy was primarily raised by her father. Sarpy is very close with her father who suffers from Parkinson's Disease. She has a younger half brother, Aiden through her father. Sarpy also has two other half brothers and a half sister on her mother's side.
|2008||Plumfield, Iraq||Beth||Hatlen Theater: May 16 to May 24, 2008|||
|2008||Much Ado About Nothing||Hero||Shakespeare: August 2 to August 24, 2008|||
|2009||Time and the Conways||Joan Helford||Hatlen Theater: March 2009|||
|2009||Awkward Courage||Love Interest||Short film|
|2010||You Again||Marcia||Minor role|
|2015||My Crazy Ex||Maria||Episode: "Til Death Do Us Part"|
|2015||General Hospital||Valerie Spencer||Contract role; March 20, 2015–present|||
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Levinsky, Mara (September 21, 2015). "Spencer for Hire". Soap Opera Digest (United States) 40 (38): 44-47.
- ↑ ‘General Hospital’ Interview: Brytni Sarpy Talks GH, Playing Valerie Spencer and More. Retrieved on August 1, 2015.
- ↑ MEET SWIRL GIRL ICON: BRYTNI SARPY!. Retrieved on October 4, 2015.
- ↑ "Milestones". Coastlines Magazine (University of California, Santa Barbara Alumni Association) 40 (3). 2010. http://www.ucsbalum.com/Coastlines/2010/Winter/milestones.html.
- ↑ Brytni Sarpy (Bio). Kroll Call Productions. Retrieved on October 5, 2015.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 "GH CASTS A NEW SPENCER!", Soap Opera Digest, March 20, 2015. Retrieved on November 5, 2015.
- ↑ Naya Rivera Sings 'Sorry' To Boyfriend Big Sean's Exes, Former Girlfriend Brytni Sarpy Responds (VIDEO). AOL. Retrieved on October 5, 2015.
- ↑ Plumfield, Iraq. Retrieved on November 5, 2015.
- ↑ Much Ado About Nothing, presented by Shakespeare Santa Barbara. Retrieved on November 5, 2015.
- ↑ Time and the Conways at UCSB’s Hatlen Theatre. Retrieved on November 5, 2015.