|Port Charles, New York|
|Skyline as seen in the General Hospital: Night Shift opening. Notable in the skyline are General Hospital, ELQ International, and the Metro Court Hotel.|
|Created by||Frank and Doris Hursley|
|Nickname(s)|| Port Chuck|
|Source(s)|| General Hospital|
The Young Marrieds
General Hospital: Night Shift
The Secret Life of Damian Spinelli
|Notable locations|| General Hospital|
The Haunted Star
The Floating Rib
The Metro Court Hotel
|Notable people|| The Quartermaines|
Port Charles, New York is the fictional setting of the ABC soap opera General Hospital and its two spin-offs, General Hospital: Night Shift and Port Charles. It's suburb, Queens Point, was the setting for GH's original spin-off, The Young Marrieds.
Port Charles is a fictional small to midsized city located in Western New York, part of the fictional Eerie County, most likely on the shores of Lake Ontario between the Buffalo-Niagara Falls and Rochester areas, or possibly north of Buffalo situated on the Niagara River. In 1993, the producers of General Hospital filmed several exterior locations in and around the Western, New York area - including Letchworth State Park, and the village of Perry, New York. Aerial photos of Port Charles occasionally shown on the air are actually shots of the skyline of downtown Rochester.
Within the fictional universe of General Hospital, the city of Port Charles co-exists with the real cities of Buffalo, Niagara Falls and Rochester. Events in the series indicate that Port Charles' is located relatively close to all of these locations, however it is depicted as a city which would constitute a separate metro area. During several episodes aired in 1996, the characters of Laura Spencer and Stefan Cassadine traveled to a house in Rochester to find Laura's long presumed dead mother Lesley Webber. The episodes in which this occurred suggested that Port Charles was a short driving distance from Rochester, though no actual distance was given. However, when Luke and Laura Spencer returned to General Hospital, they made a dramatic entrance at Niagara Falls.
To be separate from but proximate to both Rochester and Buffalo, and located on a body of water (as the "Port" in the name would indicate), Port Charles would likely be located on Lake Ontario north of the city of Batavia and east of similar small cities of Appleton and Somerset. A probable geographical location could be Lakeside, Waterport, New York for comparison.
This probable location would give the relative distance to popular neighborhood of Bensonhurst, New York, a six hour drive. Llanview and Pine Valley being parts or suburbs of Philadelphia are approximate also six hours apart. Bensonhurt, NY and Llanview/Pine Valley are approximate an hour and forty-five minutes from each other. Corinth, Pennsylvania (the setting of the cancelled soap Loving) was visited in a 2013 storyline involving Luke Spencer trying to find a cure for his radiation poisoning.
When the series first began, General Hospital was set in an unnamed city or town somewhere in the United States of America. Between 1964 and 1966, Queens Point, the setting of the short-lived soap opera, The Young Marrieds, was considered to be a suburb of the same (then still unnamed) city that General Hospital was set in (this was part of a plan to feature regular crossovers between the two shows which never materialized due to the cancellation of The Young Marrieds). It wasn't until 1977 that the General Hospital's setting was finally established as being in the fictional city of Port Charles, New York.
Onscreen, Port Charles has had somewhat of an eclectic history. A 1993 storyline saw Lucky Spencer hiding out in catacombs while hiding from Frank Smith. As a result it was revealed that after the city was first settled, an extensive catacomb system was built beneath the city. The catacombs were again referenced in 1997 when Sonny Corinthos and Brenda Barrett were trapped there. The catacombes were run under the Asian Quarter of the city in a 1985 storyline where Frisco Jones, Sean Donely and Suki were hiding from evil mastermind Wu.
In 2003, an episode of General Hospital depicted the recollections of an elderly woman (played by Gloria Stewart), whose mobster husband ran a speakeasy during the prohibition era, thus establishing that the mob has long had ties to the city. Racial discrimination has unfortunately played a part in the history of Port Charles. A 1985 storyline revealed that at some point in the city's history, a large ghetto area known as the Asian Quarter was built in order to house the city's Asian population, while a 1994 storyline revealed that one of the city's first African-American council members, Bradley Ward faced opposition from his white counterparts in the 1970s and was later murdered. This storyline also made references to people being refused housing and bank loans on account of race.
Port Charles suffered a hurricane in 1977, but quickly recovered from both that and the Lassa Fever epidemic that followed less than two years later, thus beginning a long tradition of disasters that have plagued the city right up to the modern day. During this time, Mob storylines began being incorporated into the show. In 1979, residents became concerned that Port Charles was being taken over by organized crime. Mob leader Frank Smith was arrested in 1980, thanks to the efforts of Luke and Laura Spencer.
In 1981, Luke and Laura saved the city from being frozen over by Mikkos Cassadine's weather machine. Luke and Laura were hailed as heroes and their wedding was the social event of the year. Robert Scorpio was quickly appointed as police commissioner. Luke ran and won for mayor, but resigned less than two months later after growing tired of the office.
In 1985, Robert Scorpio, along with Frisco Jones, Felicia Scorpio-Jones, and Sean Donely helped bust an extortion ring that was operating within the city's Asian Quarter. Soon afterwards, Robert left town, and his ex-wife Anna Devane was appointed as the new police commissioner in his place. In a storyline twist, the seemingly honest Police chief Bert Ramsey was apparently so embittered at being passed over for promotion in favor of Anna that he became a dirty cop and began operating a money laundering scam known as Operation Tumble Dry. Thanks to the efforts of Anna and a newly returned Robert, the money laundering scam was busted.
Soon, another crime family, the Jeromes, began to infiltrate the city of Port Charles but by the early 1990s, the influence of the Jeromes had somewhat faded due to the efforts of Robert and Anna. In 1992, Anna and Robert were presumed dead in an explosion. Luke and Laura returned to town, and the Smith Mob began to regroup and once again terrorized the citizens of Port Charles. However, Frank Smith was killed and a much more benevolent crime boss in the form of Sonny Corinthos took over organized crime in the city.
Environmental issues also became a concern as some of the residents of Port Charles formed the Greenbelts organization and protested against the arrival of the S.S Tracy, a ship carrying toxic materials that later sank in the Port Charles Harbor, nearly causing an environmental catastrophe. In 1994, Justus Ward and Laura Spencer led protests against a planned incinerator that was to be located in close proximity to the cities' predominantly ethnic neighborhoods. They were successful in stopping the project despite threats to Laura's life and that of her family.
In 1996, the Cassadine family returned to Port Charles as the main nemesis of the Spencers for a second time. Soon, Port Charles was on the brink of financial disaster when the city's biggest employer, the local hospital, went bankrupt. The hospital (and indirectly the town) was saved from considerable financial ruin at the last minute by a considerable financial investment from Stefan Cassadine, son of Mikkos. Luke claimed that Stefan only wished to continue the nefarious deeds carried out by his father and had in fact been behind the hospital's bankruptcy so he could perform a swift takeover in order to establish himself as a pillar of the community, though not many people believed Luke at the time. Stefan died in disgrace years later.
In the mid-1990's and as of now, crime has been growing in Port Charles since Sonny Corinthos took over. This includes a serial killer, who had 15 victims, killing 4 out of the 15, including a Quartermaine and a Jones-Scorpio. In late 2008, the Russian mob invaded Port Charles, setting fire to free clinic, attacking Maxie Jones, kidnapping Jake Spencer, among other things. In late 2010, superstar Brenda Barrett returned to Port Charles bringing much violence to Port Charles.
In the 21st century, Port Charles would be hit by a number of disasters, including the Port Charles Hotel completely gutted by fire, a two-way train wreck, a hospital quarantine after a mutant strain of encephalitis spread through the town, Metro Court Hotel being taken hostage, and Anthony Zacchara terrorizing residents at Nikolas Cassadine's Black and White Ball, a Hospital fire closing GH for four months, and a deadly carnival.
This wealthy, international conglomerate was founded by the Cassadines in the late 70's as a front to cover for their dirty dealings. But the business took off, being controlled by Mikkos Cassadine, Stavros Cassadine, Helena Cassadine, and Nikolas Cassadine among others. Nikolas is currently in charge of the business. It is planned that when he becomes of age, Spencer Cassadine will take over. In December 2005, a single Cassadine Industries account was estimated to be worth $15 million at the time. As of May 2009, Cassadine Industries was estimated to be worth over $20 billion dollars.
The Port Charles City/County Courthouse is located in the heart of downtown, apparently very close to the PCPD. It consists of courtrooms and offices, which house officials such as Alexis Davis and Scott Baldwin, the District Attorney and Special Prosecutor. In 1998, Carly Corinthos Jacks shot Tony Jones in open court. Faith Rosco was shot and killed here by a sniper in 2005. Jason Morgan and Amelia Joffe came under fire outside of the building in 2007. In 2012, Todd Manning pulled a gun on Sonny Corinthos, only to be stopped by John McBain. It has been the sight of many life changing court battles, including in 2012 when Maxie Jones was sentenced to 20 years (though she is later released after new evidence points to Matt Hunter).
- Main article: Crimson Magazine
Crimson is a fashion magazine run by Connie Falconeri. Jasper Jacks helped Kate get the magazine off the ground by becoming a major investor. Kate hired Maxie Jones as her first assistant, and Lulu Spencer as her second assistant. In 2008, Maxie was almost raped here by Logan Hayes, but he saw Lulu watching from Johnny's penthouse (which is formerly the home of Jasper Jacks). Lulu then accidentally killed him, which put her in Shadybrooke Sanitarium. When Kate was shot, Maxie temporarily took over for her as the top dog at the magazine. In December 2008, Kate held a party at the skyline restaurant to commemorate the re-launch of Crimson under Kate's name. During the party, after giving Carly the same dress that Kate had on, Lulu and Maxie were almost fired. But due to Jax having controlling interest, he prevented the event from taking place. In May 2009, it was revealed that new designs from Crimson were being leaked to Couture, Kate's former magazine now being run by Giselle May.
After Damian Spinelli investigated closely, Clarice Bennett was fired from Crimson for her betrayal; but on further inspection, the culprit was revealed to be Kate herself. In 2011, Lulu left Crimson, only later to return. In 2012, Maxie left Crimson when she was sentenced to 20 years in jail. Maxie was later released from jail. Kate then left Crimson in 2012 due to a mental illness and being confined to Shadybrooke, but was later released. In June of 2012, Todd Manning bought out Lux Corp., to whom Kate had sold the magazine in 2009. Todd renamed the company Manning Enterprises and owned Crimson magazine. Kate's alternate personality, Connie Zacchara, later forced Todd to give her her job back at Crimson. In December of 2012, T.J. Ashford and Molly Lansing-Davis obtained internships at Crimson in order to investigate Connie for stealing the manuscript of Molly's book, Love in Maine. In March 2013, Todd moved out of Port Charles, and Connie took back control of Crimson.
As its name suggests, Port Charles is a major port. The Waterfront district has been under the control of Sonny Corinthos for over a decade, though rival gangs have tried to move in on his territory, such as Lorenzo Alcazar, the Ruiz brothers, and others. Kelly's, a local eatery, is located in this area and the Elm Street Pier is also located here. Majority of the Port Charles waterfront is owned by the Pride-Philips Company, which was given to Courtney Matthews as a thank you from a woman whose life she saved. Courtney later sold Pride-Philips to Lorenzo Alcazar. In 2008, Alexis Davis and Sam McCall are attacked here by the Text Message Killer.
On March 17, 2008, one of the warehouses on the docks, an abandoned cannery, exploded. Sonny met with Claudia Zacchara to return Johnny to her. She arrived, and got on the phone with an ally to try and peace with them and Sonny. Meanwhile, Trevor Lansing and sniper stood on a loft in the warehouse, poised to shoot Claudia. Ric Lansing and Marianna Erosa were in another part of it, trying to cover the dead body of Randy. Carly finally finds Michael, where he confesses to shooting Kate Howard. They began to leave and go home. Meanwhile, a bomb is slowly ticking away. Right as the sniper pulls his trigger, the bomb goes of, and an explosion rips through the building. Everyone survives the event, but Carly miscarries her baby. Soon after the Docks became the site of a fake prescription drug ring headed up by Jerry Jacks. The ring produced placebos that claimed at least one life; a female heart patient. Matt Hunter was the prime suspect, but the extent of his involvement cleared. Andrei Karpov had a cargo ship, Odyssey, docked in the harbor.
When the Russian mob invaded PC in 2008 many things happened here including: Andrei Karpov stabbed Sonny, and threw him into the harbor with weights on his ankles. But just in time, Carly jumped in and saved him. Weeks later, Sonny killed Karpov here. In late December, Sasha Donev was shot and killed by a sniper here. In early January 2009, Jason blew up Sonny's latest cargo shipment. In 2011, Shawn Butler stops a bomb from going off here later Dante Falconeri is shot here.
Elm Street Pier
Elm Street is a poorer district within the city and is located near the Waterfront. It is notable for being the place where one of the city's most famous and flamboyant residents, Luke Spencer, grew up. Luke's sister, Bobbie Spencer, owns a restored brownstone here, which became the residence of several Port Charlesians. Alan Quartermaine and Mike Corbin used this district of Port Charles to meet up with prostitutes while fighting addictions. Maxie Jones was almost raped here after buying hydrocodone for Lucky Spencer. Robert Scorpio was beaten up by Lorenzo Alcazar's enforcers for not revealing the location of Skye Quartermaine, who was pregnant with his child at the time.
The B&N department store is located somewhere in this area. This is also where launch for Spoon Island is located. Many high level Port Charles citizens meet on the Elm St. Pier daily.
- Main article: ELQ International
ELQ International, or Edward Louis Quartermaine International, is a multinational conglomerate headquartered in Port Charles. Owned by the wealthy Quartermaines, it is one of the largest businesses in the region. From 1978 until his death in 2012, Edward Quartermaine was the sole owner. It is a rival company with nearby Chandler Enterprises and Buchanan Enterprises.
The Floating Rib/Jake's
- Main article: The Floating Rib
The Floating Rib (formerly Jake's) is a popular bar owned and managed by Mac Scorpio. It was originally operated by a lady named Jake (played by Stella Stevens). In 2012, the name of the bar was changed to The Floating Rib when Luke Spencer paid Coleman to do so because it was not the right way to honor presumed dead, Jake Spencer. It was renamed after the former restaurant in Port Charles that was open in the 1980s.
- Main article: General Hospital (location)
General Hospital is a major employer in the city and is the primary hospital for most Port Charles residents. The address is 6065 Central Avenue.
The exterior shots of the hospital are images of an actual building, the Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center, located just miles from the show's Los Angeles studio.
This is the large estate of Sonny Corinthos and bodyguards Max Giambetti and Milo Giambetti. Not visible from the road, it is guarded by Sonny's men. It has a large terrace, beautiful gardens, and a stately guest house. The large garage stores a Maserati Quattroporte. In 2005, a mobster shot up the mansion's living room with a machine gun while Carly, Sam, Ric and Sonny met inside. In 2007, Kate Howard built her house right next door to Sonny's home. Angry about Kate flying her helicopter over his home, Sonny had Jason Morgan shoot a wire that was attached to her helicopter. It suspended a statue over Kate's house, and was headed to drop it in her garden. After he shot, the statue fell through all three floors of the house, destroying the roof, floors, and walls. Former residents include Carly Jacks, Emily Quartermaine, Sam McCall, Kristina Corinthos, Morgan Corinthos, and Michael Quartermaine. Sonny's private maid and cook is named Marcella. The address is 120 Shoreline Road, and Kate Howard's is 124 Shoreline Road.
This is an upper end apartment complex in downtown Port Charles. It has a view of the lake, and can clearly be seen in the Port Charles skyline. It includes Sam Morgan's penthouse and was the previous residence of Jason Morgan, Carly Jacks, Damian Spinelli and mob boss Sonny Corinthos. Damian Spinelli's room is "regrettably pink." He stayed in the room that Brenda Barrett lived in while she and Jason were in a marriage of convenience. It is across the hall from the room that was going to be the nursery for Sam McCall's baby, Lila, who was stillborn. Reese Marshall (when dating Sonny) took residence in Sonny's old penthouse. When Reese Marshall was living there, Carly Corinthos broke in and vandalized the entire apartment due to a mental breakdown. Samantha McCall was attacked there by Nico, where Carly helped fight him off. In 2007, Ric Lansing bugged Jason's apartment in order to obtain a guilty plea in the murder or Lorenzo Alcazar. In 2006, a would-be assassin shot a bullet through the window of Jason's apartment. He leaves the bullet hole in the glass to remind him of the choices he's made. In a December 2008 episode, it was indicated that the Metro Court was located directly across from the Harborview Towers. The address is 122 Harbor View Drive.
The Haunted Star
- Main article: The Haunted Star
This ship was originally owned by the Cassadine family and was given to Luke and Laura Spencer by Helena Cassadine as a wedding gift in 1981. Luke and Laura ran a night club here for a short time in 1982. In 2003, Luke reacquired ownership and turned the ship into a casino. It has been owned by many different people over the years, but is currently owned by Luke and Laura's daughter Lulu Spencer-Falconeri and mob boss, Johnny Zacchara, and is now a nightclub. The address is 1227 Dock Street, Slip #1.
- Main article: Kelly's
Lookout Point/Vista Point
The Point, as it's often referred to, is a high vantage point that sits steeply in the woods of Port Charles. It's been the spot of many outings and events in the past. This is where Maxie Jones and Damian Spinelli often go to think. In May 2002, an upset and foggy minded Carly Corinthos drove her car off of one the steep cliffs, causing it to plunge into the lake. In early 2003, Carly pushed Courtney Matthews' car off of the same cliff in order to cover up her involvement in Elizabeth Webber's hit-and-run. In August 2007, Logan Hayes took Lulu Spencer on a picnic date here. In winter 2007, Lorenzo Alcazar kidnapped Lulu, and ordered her exchange to take place at The Point. Hangman's Bridge is located in this general area. In February 2008, Diego Alcazar had planned to hang Sam McCall and Elizabeth Webber off the bridge as a final stand in his role as the Text Message Killer. Right as they arrived, Elizabeth attacked Diego, causing the car to swerve off the bridge and hang there, swaying back and forth. All three lived, but Diego was soon after killed. In December 2008, Johnny Zacchara and Lulu went there to look at the stars. This is when Johnny was almost arrested for lude behavior in November. Lookout Point is located on the same road as Shadybrook Sanitarium, and meets Harbor View Road and Old Bluff Road at a three-way intersection.
The currently-unnamed parent company of both The Port Charles Press and Crimson Llanview(formerly Manning Enterprises and Lux Corp.) bought out Kate Howard's fashion magazine Crimson in 2009. In June of 2012, Todd Manning bought the company and renamed it Manning Enterprises. Todd also bought out Pres Floyd's newspaper The Port Charles Press and renamed it The Sun. Manning Enterprises also owned a sports publication and two publishing houses. ME also owned a cable television franchise, but in August of 2012, Todd sold it to Jerry Jacks, who approached him using the alias "James Craig." Jerry then took to the airwaves to inform the city that he had poisoned the water supply. Sam Morgan obtained a job as Todd's assistant so that she could secretly investigate his involvement with Heather Webber, but Todd fired her after realizing her scheme. Manning Enterprises was the sister company of Llanview, Pennsylvania-based Lord Enterprises, which Todd co-owns with his sister Victoria Lord. In March 2013, Todd moved back to Llanview; and Kate Howard, now going by "Connie Falconeri," took back control of her magazine Crimson and the paper, now renamed The Port Charles Press. In July of 2013, it was revealed that the new head of the parent company is Derek Wells, which is an alias for mobster Julian Jerome. He soon hired Duke Lavery as his Chief of Staff.
Metro Court Hotel
- Main article: Metro Court Hotel
The Metro Court Hotel is a hotel currently co-owned by Carly Corinthos-Jacks and Olivia Falconeri. It is located at 1420 Quartz Lane, Port Charles, New York. It was built by Jasper Jacks on the former site of the Port Charles Hotel, which was destroyed in a fire in 2004, and named after his then-fiancée, the now late, Courtney Matthews.
Pier 52 is a pier that has gone infamous for most of the recent crimes that has happened, it first started off with the Pier 52 shootout, a shootout involving Jason Morgan, Joe Scully, Jr., Bernie Abrahms, and Cesar Faison disguised as Duke Lavery. The next crime to occur at the Pier was when Caleb Morley murders Alison Barrington, Caleb returns to the Pier along with Rafe Kovich, Jr. and Officer Bud Carlson. Caleb stabs Officer Carlson to death and tries to kidnap Rafe but fails. Todd Manning and Heather Webber are hiding out at Pier 52 while waiting for a boat in order to leave Port Charles but before they can, Caleb arrives and stops Heather from leaving with Danny Morgan by choking her by the neck and throwing her into the harbor, Caleb tries to kidnap Danny but Todd stops Caleb and both Todd and Caleb struggle over the stroller. Caleb threatens Todd to leave but Todd refuses and before Caleb can do anything he hears the police sirens and runs off. After Todd is arrested, Caleb goes back to the Pier where he kidnaps both Sam Morgan and Danny. Three people were killed at Pier 52, Bernie Abrahms, Alison Barrington, and Officer Bud Carlson all died at Pier 52.
The Port Charles Press newspaper
The Port Charles Press (formerly The Port Charles Sun and The Port Charles Herald) is a local newspaper in Port Charles. In December of 2011, Pres Floyd bought The Herald and renamed it The Press. In May of 2012, Todd Manning bought it, renamed it again, reformatted it as a tabloid, and moved its offices into the Crimson offices in The Metro Court. Todd also owns a tabloid in Llanview, Pennsylvania by the same name, which he renamed from The Intruder when he bought it in 1995. That tabloid had been founded by his father Victor Lord and inherited by Victor's widow Dorian Lord, from whom Todd bought it. Immediately after starting The Sun, Heather Webber blackmailed Todd into giving her a job as the gossip columnist at the paper, which forced Todd to fire gossip columnist Diane Miller. In March 2013, Todd moved out of Port Charles, and The Sun was reformatted again as a newspaper and returned to its name The Press.
- Main article: Port Charles Police Department
One of the best known organizations in Port Charles is the Port Charles Police Department. It has handled several crimes in the city, but not always well. It has several officers that are informants to the mob, most notably the late Logan Hayes and Cooper Barrett. Current employees include Commissioner Jordan Ashford, Det. Dante Falconeri and Det. Nathan West. The address is 1438 Central Avenue.
This is considered the "state" jail where convicted felons go. The real Pentonville Prison has had few references, the most recent being the summer of 2007. Jason Morgan was on trial for the murder of Lorenzo Alcazar. Former inmates have included Diego Alcazar, for the drugging and rape of women in Port Charles, and Nikolas Cassadine, for the murder of Helena Cassadine, his insane grandmother. She turned up alive, and Nikolas was released. In 2008, Scott Baldwin petitioned the judge to have Johnny Zacchara sent there for Logan Hayes' murder. In 2010, Michael Corinthos went to Pentonville for the murder of Claudia Zacchara and Jason Morgan plead guilty to some Rico violations and had himself sent to Pentonville as well to protect Michael. Matt Hunter is currently serving a 5 year sentence in Pentonville for the murder of Lisa Niles and Johnny Zacchara is serving a 20 year sentence in Pentonville for the murders of Cole Thornhart, Hope Manning, and Anthony Zacchara but he soon when free. Sonny Corinthos was serving time for the murder of A.J. Quartermaine but was free due to a pardon by the governor after saving the governor daughter and a bunch of other people from an attempted bombing at the Haunted Star. Johnny was eventually sent back.
Port Charles Park
The Port Charles park is a popular hangout spot, though can be dangerous at times. Elizabeth Webber was raped here, while Michael and Morgan Corinthos were kidnapped by Faith Rosco, Jake Spencer was kidnapped by Maureen Harper, and Georgie Jones was strangled by the Text Message Killer. Maxie Jones was later attacked and knocked out here in November 2008.
Owned by mob boss, Sonny Corinthos and former mob boss, Jason Morgan. Pozullo's is an Italian restaurant located on the west end of Port Charles. It was first frequented by members of the mafia in the 1990s. Local mob boss, Sonny Corinthos previously took his then-wife Carly Corinthos Jacks there in the early 2000s. After the former owner died in 2009, Sonny Corinthos purchased the building and opened an office there.
The home of the wealthy Quartermaine family, it also features living quarters for several members of the extended family, including the maid Alice Gunderson and Virginia Cooke, better known as "Cook," the chef. In 1978, Alan Quartermaine bought the mansion for his wife, Monica, she often reminds the family its "her" house when they begin quarreling, which is an often occurrence in the Quartermaine quarters. She has been known to throw them out of "her" house as well. Some scenes have taken place in the Quartermaine boathouse, where Lulu Spencer lost her virginity to Dillon Quartermaine. There is also a garage with luxury vehicles such as a custom vintage Bentley and a rose garden in the courtyard which was tended to by Lila Quartermaine before her death in 2004. In the 1980's Monica and Rick Webber were lured to the attic and nearly crushed to death when the roof collapsed they were later saved by Alan who set the trap himself. In 2004, a serial killer roamed the mansion and ended up stabbing Sage Alcazar to death in the freezer. In 2005, AJ Quartermaine fell from the staircase and became paralyzed shortly before his presumed "death". The address is 66 Harbor View Road.
- Main article: Shadybrook Sanitarium
Shadybrook is a psychiatric facility located in a small country area in Port Charles on the same road as Lookout Point and is the former work place of Lainey Winters and Ewen Keenan. It has been home to many patients, including Carly Corinthos, Tracy Quartermaine, Laura Spencer, Lulu Spencer and Kate Howard.
Wyndemere Castle/Spoon Island
- Main article: Spoon Island
Cassadine family home. The island was leased to the Cassadines long ago by a Native American group. It is home to a grand old mansion called Wyndemere, where many noteworthy residents have resided, and it is currently occupied by Nikolas Cassadine, Spencer Cassadine, Britt Westbourne, Ben Westbourne and Lesley Webber. Wyndemere is considered a castle by many, but Nikolas Cassadine is quick to defend that it is a "mansion." Many notable events have occured on Spoon Island, including the wedding of Elizabeth and Lucky Spencer and the murders of Katherine Bell, Summer Holloway and Emily Quartermaine.
- ADZ Warehouses
A chain of warehouses owned by the mafia members in the "Tumble Dry" money laundering scam.
- Asian Quarter
The Asian Quarter is a ghetto district located within Port Charles and is home to a large Asian population. The residents of this part of the city once lived in fear of an extortion ring that dominated the area, but thanks to the efforts of then police commissioner Robert Scorpio, the extortion ring was busted.
- Bamboo Bar
A small bar owned by Wu in the Asian Quarter. Has a secret soundproof room where Robin Scorpio and The Ancient One were being held by Wu's people during the Asian Quarter - Black Pearls storyline.
- Barney's Place
A downtown bar where in 1976, Jeff Webber attempted to commit suicide after finding out his wife, Monica Bard, had been having an affair with his brother, Rick.
- The Campus Disco
This popular establishment was run by Luke Spencer from 1979 - 1980. It closed in 1981 as Disco music went out of style. This is also where Luke Spencer raped his future wife |Laura Webber Baldwin.
- The Cellar/Flynn's Club
Located at 324 Wharf Street (beneath Kelly's), Port Charles, NY– Carly Corinthos, proprietor. Opened February 14, 2003. Rekindled night club created from the remnants of “The Flynn’s Club”, a speakeasy that originally opened New Years Eve 1926. Flynn’s was owned by Catherine Flynn, wife of mobster Marco Flynn and the grandmother of Faith Rosco. It was only open for a few hours because at 12:01 A.M. on opening night, a close friend and associate was killed in the club in a mob hit. Marco retaliated that night, but was arrested. He spent the rest of his life in prison. Catherine never had the heart to reopen, and had it boarded up. On New Year's Eve 2002, Carly and Ric Lansing discovered the speakeasy bricked off in the basement of Kelly’s Diner when they were scouting for a location for her club.
The original owner, Catherine Flynn, who had been living in an apartment across the street, told Carly and Ric the club’s history when she observed them breaking through the brick wall. Employees have included Courtney Matthews as hostess. In November 2003, Faith Rosco claimed ownership of the club stating that though Kelly’s Diner and The Cellar occupied the same building, they always had split deeds and while Luke and Bobbie Spencer owned Kelly’s, The Cellar was rightfully Faith’s property by way of inheritance from Catherine.
In May 2004, Carly regained control of the club when Justus Ward discovered that Faith’s claim on the property was invalid. Just prior to her hospitalization in Shadybrook in 2005, she closed the club until she was well again. After recovering, she opted to keep The Cellar closed permanently, stating that it took too much time and money to run. In April 2007, Sonny and Jason begin to consider using The Cellar as a place to hide their shipments, as The Cellar was vacant at the time. Sonny and Jason were soon ambushed by Lorenzo Alcazar's hired thugs and Maxie Jones was held hostage and saved by Cooper Barrett.
- Club 101
Elegant night club opened in 2002 by Carly Corinthos with Jasper “Jax” Jacks. The club was converted from an old abandoned warehouse on the “bad side of town” under Carly’s supervision. Jax forced Carly out of the partnership because he believed she was embezzling funds, though she believed it was because of her relationship with Sonny Corinthos. He then brought Skye Chandler Quartermaine in as a partner. Employees have included Courtney Matthews.
- The Croydon Hotel
Low cost hotel that was run in Port Charles during the 80's. Residents include Laura Templeton, and her sister Jakie. It was demolished in the early 90's.
Deception Cosmetics: Former CEO-Laura Spencer; Partner-Carly Corinthos; Former models-Brenda Barrett and Gia Campbell. In 2013, Laura was convinced by Lucy Coe to revive Deception, but Laura only agreed to be her partner if they change the company to be health related, turning the company to a health spa and gym. Lucy also hired Milo to work as a trainer at Deception, which led him to quit his job working for Sonny Corinthos as one of his bodyguards alongside his brother Max Giambetti
Club owned and operated by classical pianist Katherine Delafield. Katherine regularly performed as well as did Frisco Jones. This same club, previously known as Duke's Club, had belonged to Duke Lavery and was purchased after his presumed death in 1990.
- Donely Shipping
Shipping company once owned by Sean Donely. Formerly managed by Felicia Jones. Former employees include Anna Devane.
- Duke's Club
Run by Duke Lavery and Felicia Jones, this club was a popular hangout for Port Charles residents in the late 1980s. Frisco Jones and Terri O'Connor regularly performed. After Duke's death, the club was purchased in 1990 by classical pianist Katherine Delafield and reopened under the name Delafield's.
- Emily Bowen Quartermaine Clinic
After Emily Quartermaine's death, fiancee Nikolas Cassadine carried on Emily's passion for helping the needy by opening a free clinic in her name. He had it established in it in the warehouse district in a formerly condemned building. Early on, it encountered issues when Mayor Floyd tried to have it shut down. Then came Matt Hunter, with him he brought a counterfeit drug scandal. He bought fake meds from Logan Hayes' employer, switched them with the real ones, and re-sold the true drugs. Nadine Crowell tries to get him to confess and in September 2008, Jerry Jacks set fire to the place in order to cover the illegal drugs and silence a nosy Nadine. Matt, Nikolas, and Nadine were all trapped, but escaped safely. Nadine and Matt were hospitalized, but Nikolas received only minor injuries. It was located on Venice Street, in the warehouse district.
- The Equinox Corporation
Equinox, officially named the Equinox Defense Arms Corporation was a military equipment manufacturer that was first introduced in January 2007. Equinox manufactured the armored suitcase that lead to the Metro Court Hostage crisis in February 2007. In November 2008, Nadine Crowell and Nikolas Cassadine took them on in order to get back her Aunt Raylene's plow patent. In January 2009, an Equinox airborne biotoxin was released into General Hospital, forever garnering the label of failure.
- Fisherman Village
Waterfront development constructed by mobsters in the “Tumble Dry” money laundering scam. Dan Rooney, Commissioner of Waterfront Development, tried to oppose the construction due to the shoddy construction plans, but was silenced in an “accident” arranged by Mr. Big (Co-Police Chief Burt Ramsey).
- The Floating Rib
This restaurant, located across the street from General Hospital, was another popular establishment in the early 1980s. Closed during the late 1980’s. On February 23, 2006, Holly Sutton (not knowing that the restaurant was long out of business) demanded that Luke Spencer and Robert Scorpio meet her outside the restaurant with two million dollars for each vial of antidote for the mutant encephalitis virus that had gripped the city that month. A popular massage parlor is now located on this site.
A research firm that the WSB had contracted with to find a secret antidote to the DVX's lethal germ MOX 36. The research was conducted by Dr. Eric Ingstrom before being abducted by the DVX. Stockholders in this firm included Greta Ingstrom and various Quartermaines.
- Jacks Cosmetics
Jacks Cosmetics: Original founder: Jasper Jacks; Former CEO: Lucy Coe; Other Known Employees: Brenda Barrett (Former Model)
- L&B Records
Record label founded by Lois Cerullo and Brenda Barrett Ned Ashton as Eddie Maines was there main recorder to start. Their next biggest star was Miguel. Co-owned at one time by Sonny Corinthos. In 1996, control was seized from Lois and Brenda in a purchase by Edward Quartermaine. Lois regained control with the help of Jasper Jacks. Investors have included Lorenzo Alcazar. Vocalists have included Juan Santiago, Brook Lynn Ashton, Mary Mae Ward and Sage Alcazar. Employees included Kristina Cassadine as an assistant to Ned, Dillon Quartermaine as video director, and Nikolas Cassadine as public relations representative.
- Luke's Club
This blues club, run by Luke Spencer and Lucy Coe was a popular place to hangout and socialize during the late 1990s. Lily Corinthos was blown up in a car bomb outside the premises in 1996.
- Luke's Place
Port Charles' first casino opened by Luke Spencer and D. L. Brock in 1983. This is notable because according to the city charter, only one casino was allowed to operate. After closing the casino when he was elected mayor later that year, he retained the casino rights. Port Charles did not have another casino until he converted his recently reacquired Haunted Star into a casino on December 26, 2003.
- The Oasis
Strip club owned by Coleman where Courtney Matthews secretly worked under the name “Daisy” to pay for damages caused by her then husband, A.J. Quartermaine. On August 28, 2002, A.J. destroyed the club in an arson fire after he found out about Courtney’s job.
- The Outback
Popular club once owned and operated by Mac Scorpio. Opened in 1991, Connor Olivera managed the club and worked as a singer. In 1992, Bill Eckert became co-owner. Felicia Jones later bought half ownership of the club, and the two married in 1998, making the club a family business. Employees have included Holly Scorpio, Miguel Morez and Robin Scorpio.
- The Paradise Lounge
Strip club once owned by Sonny Corinthos. Karen Wexler and Tammy Hansen once worked there as strippers. The club was closed by the PCPD in 1993 for working underage strippers. The phone number was 555-1081.
- The Port Charles Hotel
Elegant hotel that stood at 1420 Quartz Lane. It was purchased by the Quartermaines in 1993, but was burnt to the ground on February 11, 2004. The Metro Court Hotel was built on the cleared site.
- The Recovery Room
Bar & Grill located across the street from General Hospital. Managed by the Scanlon family and Mary Scanlon's husband Victor Collins. Previously managed by Mike Corbin. Popular establishment in the late 1990s.
- Rive Gauche
Posh, upscale Italian restaurant in downtown Port Charles. Johnny Zacchara wanted to take Lulu Spencer here on New Year's Eve 2008.
- Sonny's Coffee Shop
This coffee shop was opened in December 2006 by Sonny Corinthos to serve as a front for his illegal activity. Sonny frequently worked out of an office in the building. Carly Corinthos took over decorating and added a coffee cart. This is where Max Giambetti was demoted to working when he helped Carly. This is where Lorenzo Alcazar had a hit woman hide a gun. Alcazar retrieved the gun, went into Sonny's back office, and held him at gunpoint. Carly walked in and was able to distract Alcazar from shooting Sonny. Sonny took this chance and shot Alcazar in the head. In November 2008, Sasha Donev sent a gang of goons to trash the coffeehouse and torch it. Little did they know, as the coffeehouse burned, Olivia Falconeri was trapped in the back in Sonny's office. Sonny managed to save her, but the building was burnt to the ground.
- Tea House
Nice Chinese restaurant run by Jade Soong. Where friends could meet up, but mostly used by those from the Asian Quarter.
- The Ward House
Orphanage started by Mary Mae Ward, named for her son Bradley, a community leader who had died 20 years earlier. Pediatrician Simone Hardy was a volunteer at the home and introduced Mary Mae to Laura Spencer. In 1996, Laura Spencer purchased and operated the orphanage after Mary Mae’s death. Destroyed in an arson fire started by mobster Damian Smith who wanted the land to build a toxic waste incinerator.
- World Security Bureau
World Security Bureau (WSB) is an Espionage agency and The nemesis of the WSB was the international organization known as the DVX. One of the WSB's most daring and effective agents was Robert Scorpio who traveled incognito as an international financier and well-know bon vivant. During the 1981 season Scorpio tracked down the Ice Princess, a statue/diamond with a secret formula on its base that as Scorpio warned "could cause cataclysmic global problems" if not recovered. On the trail of this huge uncut diamond, WSB agent O'Reilly, an elderly woman, was killed in a shoot out on the docks. Scorpio was helped by Luke and Laura as all three stowed away aboard a yacht to a tropical island that was the base of mad scientist Mikkos Cassadine who wanted exploit the power of the Ice Princess formula to be "Supreme Commander of the World." Mikkos fell to his death in freezing chamber of a machine designed to freeze the world. With the help of Luke, the machine's code (I-C-E-P-R-I-N-C-E-S-S) was cracked, disaster was averted and democracy was restored to the planet. Scorpio became a recurring character on General Hospital.
Port Charles society
Steve Hardy was the chief of Staff at General Hospital from the mid 1970s until his death in 1996. Perhaps one of Dr Hardy's biggest achievements was finding a cure to the Lassa Fever epidemic of 1979. He was married to Audrey Hardy for many years, and adopted her son Tom Hardy, who would also become a doctor. His other son, Jeff Webber, is a doctor as well. Jeff's eldest children, Steven and Sarah, are also doctors, while his youngest daughter, Elizabeth, is a nurse. Elizabeth has three children, Cameron Spencer and Jake Spencer, whom she is raising with Lucky Spencer, and Aiden Spencer her biological son with Lucky. Audrey, Elizabeth, Cameron, Jake and Aiden all live in Port Charles, while Heather is in a mental institution, near PC.
- Main article: Quartermaine family
One of the most distinguished families in Port Charles is the Quartermaine family, who moved to the area in 1978 and are best known for ELQ International, founded by Edward Quartermaine. Edward and wife Lila have two children; Alan and Tracy. Tracy now runs ELQ. and has two sons, Dillon Quartermaine and former rock star Ned Ashton. Dr. Alan Quartermaine was the chief of staff at General Hospital for several years before his death in 2007, while his wife Monica is a renowned heart surgeon and is currently chief of staff herself. Alan also had two sons, A.J. with Monica and Jason with Susan Moore who Monica later adopted herself. In 1996, Alan and Monica adopted their daughter Emily Quartermaine.
The Quartermaines have had a long-standing rivalry with Sonny Corinthos that began when Sonny married Carly Roberts, the former wife of A.J. and forced him to give up parental rights to his and Carly's son Michael. Emily was later strangled by a serial killer in 2007, and Jason was shot and presumed dead in 2012. Jason has two sons, Jake Spencer and Danny Morgan. Due to their dysfunctional tendencies, the Quartermaines are comically notorious for their annual attempts to have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Usually for one reason or another it ends up ruined and they now order take out pizza as a Thanksgiving tradition. Other Quartermaine's include Skye Quartermaine, Justus Ward, Brook Lynn Ashton, Lila Rae Alcazar and Maya Ward.
- Main article: Spencer family
The Spencer family is originally from Port Charles, the two main members Luke and Bobbie Spencer both being born there, but the siblings moved to Florida when they were young after the death of their mother Lena. Luke and Bobbie both moved back to Port Charles in the late 1970s. The Spencers are perhaps best known for supercouple Luke and Laura and their long standing rivalry with the Cassadines. Luke and Laura have two children, Lucky and Lulu, Luke also has a son, Ethan Lovett, and Laura's son Nikolas Cassadine is often considered part of the family. Bobbie also has two children Carly Corinthos Jacks and Lucas Jones whom she adopted. Carly is a prominent person in town, as she owns the Metro Court Hotel. Lucky's ex-wife Elizabeth Webber and their children Cam, Jake and Aiden currently live in Port Charles. Other current Port Charles residents include; Luke, Bobbie, Lucas, Carly and her children |Michael, Morgan and Josslyn, and Lulu, her husband Dante Falconeri and their son Rocco.
- Main article: Cassadine family
The Cassadine brothers, Mikkos, Tony and Victor first made their presence in Port Charles felt in 1981, when they caused the infamous blizzard through the use of carbonic snow. Tony was killed with Alexandria Quartermaine after taking a curious stroll into the Ice Princess freezer chamber and later Luke Spencer killed Mikkos and Victor by throwing them into the chamber as well. Helena Cassadine the widow of Mikkos and patriarch of the family in turn cursed Luke and Laura at their wedding thus beginning the long rivalry between the Spencers and the Cassadines. She also ordered her son; Stavros Cassadine, to kidnap Laura Spencer, together they had Nikolas, before she escaped leaving Nikolas to be raised by his Uncle Stefan, Mikkos and Helena's youngest son.
Stefan eventually took control of the family and in 1996, he and Nikolas moved to Port Charles permanently, joined by distant Cassadine cousin Alexis Davis who was later revealed to be Mikkos' illegitimate daughter (Natasha Cassadine) with Swedish opera singer Kristin Bergman. In 2001, the family received another addition when Alexis' long lost sister, Kristina Cassadine (originally Kristina Carter), was brought to town to reunite with her sister by Jasper Jacks. Since 1996, Helena returns from time to time to terrorize the citizens of Port Charles. Stefan was later murdered by Luke in 2003, at which time Nikolas declares the war between the Spencers and the Cassadines was over. Alexis has given birth to three daughters, Samantha McCall, Kristina Davis, and Molly Lansing. Nikolas has a son, Spencer Cassadine, with the late Courtney Matthews. Sam has two children; a daughter Lila McCall with Sonny Corinthos, who was stillborn on November 8, 2004, and a son, Danny with Jason Morgan.
- Main article: Scorpio family
Australian ex-pat Robert Scorpio was Police Commissioner of Port Charles for many years (1982-1985, 1987-1992), and solved numerous mysteries and crimes. Robert has married Anna Devane twice and they later had a daughter Robin Scorpio. Robert was presumed dead in 1992, but later returned to town in 2006 to track down Luke Spencer who had brought the encephalitis outbreak to Port Charles. Robert currently travels the world working as a spy for the WSB, tho he is known to occasionally visit Robin and ex wife Anna who is currently Police Commissioner herself. Mac Scorpio is Robert's brother, and was Police Commissioner of Port Charles for many years as well (1996-2012). Mac has two step-daughters Maxie Jones and Georgie Jones, Georgie was later strangled by a serial killer in 2007. In 2008, Robin married Patrick Drake and gave birth to their daughter, Emma Scorpio-Drake.
Sonny Corinthos arrived in Port Charles in 1993, and owned and operated a strip club before becoming Port Charles' most powerful mobster in the power struggles that followed Frank Smith's death. He has become known for his relative benevolence compared to other mafia gangs, and his donation of several million dollars was instrumental in setting up the Stone Cates Memorial AIDS Wing at General Hospital. Sonny also has four children, while living in his home town, Olivia Falconeri gave birth to his first born son Dante who is now a cop at the PCPD. In 2002, Sonny adopted Carly Benson's son Michael and Carly later gave birth to their son Morgan. After Sonny has a one night stand with Alexis Davis she becomes pregnant and gives birth to his daughter Kristina. Another one night stand with Ava Jerome, leads to the birth of Sonny's youngest daughter Avery.
In 1996, Sonny befriended Jason Morgan and taught him the business. Today, Jason is Sonny's mob enforcer and his right-hand man. In April of 2008, Sonny signed over the entire Corinthos-Morgan Crime family to Jason after his son Michael was shot. Sonny was trying to escape the dangerous life for the rest his children, and then-fiance, Kate Howard. In March 2009, Jason gave the business back to Sonny.
- Greystone Manor (120 Shoreline Road) - Residence of Sonny Corinthos, Carly Corinthos-Jacks, Morgan Corinthos, Josslyn Jacks and Avery Jerome-Corinthos
- Jacks Lake House (657 Harbor View Road) - Owned by Carly Corinthos-Jacks. Residence of Valerie Spencer and Bobbie Spencer
- Mayor's Mansion - Residence of Mayor Janice Lomax
- Quartermaine Mansion (66 Harbor View Road) - Residence of Monica Quartermaine, Tracy Quartermaine, Alice Gunderson, Michael Quartermaine, Ned Ashton and Dillon Quartermaine
- Wyndemere Castle (Spoon Island) - Residence of Nikolas Cassadine, Spencer Cassadine, Laura Spencer and Alfred
- Davis-Jerome House (2183 Belleforest Drive) - Residence of Alexis Davis, Kristina Corinthos-Davis and Molly Lansing-Davis
- Devane House - Residence of Anna Devane
- Falconeri House (1237) - Residence of Dante Falconeri, Lulu Spencer-Falconeri and Rocco Falconeri
- Giambetti-Miller House - Residence of Max Giambetti and Diane Miller
- Hardy House (453 Maple Avenue) - Residence of Audrey Hardy
- The Brownstone (12/1424 Elm Street) - Owned by Michael Quartermaine. Residence of Elizabeth Webber, Cameron Spencer, Jake Spencer and Aiden Spencer
- Scorpio House - Residence of Mac Scorpio and Felicia Scorpio
- Ashford Loft - Residence of Jordan Ashford
- Collette Apartment (135 Hyde Street, #208) - Residence of Darby Collette
- Cooper-Jones Apartment - Residence of Brad Cooper and Lucas Jones
- DuBois Apartment (135 Hyde Street, #22) - Residence of Felix DuBois and Donny Sheldon
- Falconeri Condo (#3) - Residence of Olivia Falconeri and Leo Falconeri
- Harborview Towers (122 Harbor View Drive, Penthouse #2) - Residence of Jason Morgan, Sam Morgan and Danny Morgan
- Jerome Penthouse (979 Carlyle) - Residence of Ava Jerome and Scott Baldwin
- Johnson Apartment - Residence of Epiphany Johnson and Milo Giambetti
- Reeves Apartment (829 Hawthorne Drive, #82) - Owned by Nina Reeves. Residence of Franco Baldwin and Kiki Jerome
- Roland Basement Aparment - Residence of Aaron Roland
- Winslow Garden Apartments (114 Clover Avenue, #68) - Residence of Maxie Jones and Nathan West
- Metro Court Hotel (1420 Quartz Lane) - Owned and operated by Carly Corinthos-Jacks and Olivia Falconeri
- Metro Court Hotel (Suite #501) - Residence of Hamilton Finn
- Metro Court Hotel (Suite #628) - Residence of Claudette Beaulieu
- Metro Court Hotel (Suite #917) - Residence of Lucy Coe
- Metro Court Hotel (Suite #1105 ) - Residence of Nina Reeves
- Metro Court Hotel: Suite - Residence of Liesl Obrecht
- Metro Court Hotel: Suite - Residence of Kevin Collins
- Metro Court Hotel: Suite - Residence of Ric Lansing
- Metro Court Hotel: Suite - Residence of Andre Maddox
- Metro Court Hotel: Suite - Residence of Paul Hornsby
- Metro Court Hotel: Suite - Residence of Griffin Munro
- Metro Court Hotel: Suite - Residence of Hayden Barnes-Cassadine
- Metro Court Hotel: Suite - Residence of Jasper Jacks
- Metro Court Hotel: Suite - Residence of Valentin Cassadine
- Cassadine Island (Greece) - A fortress owned by Nikolas Cassadine
- Ferncliff Asylum - Residence of Heather Webber
- Lynch Manor (London) - Residence of Huxley Lynch and his housekeeper Margarethe
- Pentonville Penitentiary - Residence of Matt Hunter, Rex Stanton, Shawn Butler, Madeline Reeves and Johnny Zacchara
- Port Charles University Dormitories - Temporary Residence of Molly Lansing-Davis and TJ Ashford
- Spinelli's Apartment (Portland, Oregon #203) - Residence of Damian Spinelli, Ellie Trout and Georgie Spinelli
- St. Timothy's Catholic Church - Residence of Father Coates
- The Island (Puerto Rico) - Frequent vacation home of Sonny Corinthos
- Forsyth House (Middletown, Connecticut) - Residence of Parker Forsyth
- Alcazar Estate (243 Sky Cliff Road) - Former residence of Lila Rae Alcazar, Lorenzo Alcazar, Skye Chandler-Quartermaine, Carly Jacks, and Michael Quartermaine
- Falconeri Estate (124 Shoreline Road) - Former residence of Connie Falconeri
- Greystone Manor (120 Shoreline Road) - Former residence of Brenda Barrett, Morgan Corinthos, Kristina Corinthos-Davis, Olivia Falconeri, Carly Jacks, Ava Jerome, Kiki Jerome, Leticia Juarez, Molly Lansing-Davis, Duke Lavery, Reese Marshall, Jason Morgan, Sam Morgan, Emily Quartermaine, Avery Quartermaine, Michael Quartermaine, Alec Scott, Claudia Zacchara Corinthos and T.J. Ashford
- Jacks Lake House (657 Harbor View Road) - Former residence of Shawn Butler, Jasper Jacks, Michael Quartermaine, Lulu Spencer-Falconeri, Franco, Lucas Jones, Carly Corinthos-Jacks and Josslyn Jacks
- Quartermaine Mansion (66 Harbor View Road) - Former residence of Lila Rae Alcazar, Brook Lynn Ashton, Larry Ashton, Brenda Barrett, Katherine Bell, Emily Bowen-Quartermaine, Lois Cerullo, Skye Chandler-Quartermaine, Lucy Coe, Virginia Cooke, Morgan Corinthos, Robert Frank, Carly Jacks, Ava Jerome, Kiki Jerome, Georgie Jones, Ethan Lovett, Chloe Morgan, Jason Morgan, Alan Quartermaine, Edward Quartermaine, Lila Quartermaine, Michael Quartermaine, Joe Scully, Jr., Luke Spencer, Lulu Spencer, Justus Ward, Maya Ward, Karen Wexler, Dawn Winthrop, Anthony Zacchara and Sabrina Santiago
- Wyndemere Castle (Spoon Island) - Former residence of Brook Lynn Ashton, Ned Ashton, Katherine Bell, Emily Bowen-Quartermaine, Gia Campbell, Helena Cassadine, Irina Cassadine, Stavros Cassadine, Stefan Cassadine, Victor Cassadine, Cesar Faison, Rocco Falconeri, Jerry Jacks, Lucas Jones, Lydia Karenin, Ewen Keenan, Colleen McHenry, Caleb Morley, Liesl Obrecht, Robin Scorpio-Drake, Rebecca Shaw, Bobbie Spencer, Aiden Spencer, Cameron Spencer, Jake Spencer, Britt Westbourne, Elizabeth Webber, Valerie Spencer, Lulu Spencer-Falconeri, Rocco Falconeri and Hayden Barnes-Cassadine
- Zacchara Mansion (257 Cardinal Drive) - Former residence of Trevor Lansing, Anthony Zacchara, Johnny Zacchara and Claudia Zacchara Corinthos
- Baldwin House (777 Douglas Street) - Former residence of Scott Baldwin and Serena Baldwin
- Davis-Jerome House (2183 Belleforest Drive) - Former residence of Sam Morgan and Danny Morgan
- Delgado House (1970 Lindbrook, Llanview, Pennsylvania) - Former residence of Téa Delgado and Danny Morgan
- Lansing House (55 Cherry Lane) - Former residence of Ric Lansing and Elizabeth Webber
- Hardy House (453 Maple Avenue) - Former residence of Steve Hardy, Elizabeth Webber, Sarah Webber, Cameron Spencer, Jake Spencer and Aiden Spencer
- Jacks House (607 Braidwood Trace) - Former residence of Morgan Corinthos, Carly Jacks, Jasper Jacks, and Michael Quartermaine
- Lansing-Davis Lake House (57 Lake Road) - Former residence of Alexis Davis, Kristina Corinthos-Davis, Molly Lansing-Davis, Rafe Kovich, Jr., Ric Lansing, Sam Morgan and Danny Morgan
- Lavery House (309 Baptiste Way) - Former residence of Anna Devane and Duke Lavery
- Scorpio House (formerly the Webber House) (1020 North Yale) - Former residence of Rachel Adair, Brook Lynn Ashton, Laura Baldwin, Matt Hunter, Felicia Jones, Georgie Jones, Maxie Jones, Mac Scorpio, Emma Scorpio-Drake, Robin Scorpio-Drake, Lesley Webber and Rick Webber
- Scorpio House - Former residence of Maxie Jones
- Scorpio-Drake House (1938 Elm Street, Queens Point) - Former residence of Matt Hunter, Maxie Jones, Sam Morgan and Danny Morgan, Patrick Drake, Robin Scorpio-Drake and Emma Scorpio-Drake
- Spencer House (formerly the Ward House) (24 Royal Street) - Former residence of Laura Baldwin, Sly Eckert, Cameron Spencer, Lucky Spencer, Luke Spencer, Lulu Spencer-Falconeri, Bradley Ward, Dan Ward, David Ward, Idios Ward, Mary Mae Ward, Elizabeth Webber and Lesley Webber
- The Brownstone (1424 Elm Street) - Owned by Michael Quartermaine. Former residence of Simone Hardy, Tom Hardy, Tommy Hardy, B.J. Jones, Felicia Jones, Frisco Jones, Georgie Jones, Lucas Jones, Maxie Jones, Tony Jones, Bobbie Spencer, Cheryl Stansbury and Marcus Taggert, Kiki Jerome and Morgan Corinthos
- Webber House (13 King Street) - Former residence of Lesley Webber
- Webber House (458 Lexington Avenue, Queens Point) - Former residence of Jason Morgan
- Ashton Loft (321 Harbor View Road) - Former residence of Ned Ashton, Lois Cerullo and Alexis Davis
- Clay Apartment (829 Hawthorne Drive, #82) - Former residence of Rafe Kovich, Jr., Nina Reeves and Avery Corinthos
- Corinthos Apartment (827 Emerson, #3C) - Former residence of Michael Quartermaine
- DuBois-Santiago Apartment (135 Hyde Street, #22) - Former residence of Taylor DuBois, Carlos Rivera and Britt Westbourne
- Faison Apartment (#687) - Former residence of Cesar Faison and Joe Scully, Jr.
- Falconeri Loft (682 Paulson, #4B) - Former residence of Michael Corinthos, Olivia Falconeri, Connie Falconeri II, Damian Spinelli, Valerie Spencer, Dante Falconeri, Lulu Spencer-Falconeri and Rocco Falconeri
- Giambetti Loft (#7E) - Former residence of Milo Giambetti and Lulu Spencer-Falconeri
- Harborview Towers (122 Harbor View Drive, Penthouse #1) - Former residence of Brenda Barrett, Stone Cates, Lily Corinthos, Morgan Corinthos, Sonny Corinthos, Sean Donely, Tiffany Donely, Carly Jacks, Lucas Jones, Reese Marshall, and Michael Quartermaine
- Harborview Towers (Penthouse #2) - Former residence of Brenda Barrett, Kristina Cassadine, Alexis Davis, Maxie Jones, Rafe Kovich, Jr., Courtney Matthews, Danny Morgan, Hope Morgan, Jason Morgan, Sam Morgan, Lulu Spencer, Damian Spinelli, Georgie Spinelli, Kristina Corinthos-Davis, Molly Lansing-Davis and Justus Ward
- Corinthos-Haver-Manning-Jerome Apartment (827 Emerson, #3C) - Former residence of Michael Corinthos, Abby Haver, Starr Manning, Morgan Corinthos and Kiki Jerome
- Jerome Penthouse (979 Carlyle) - Former residence of Morgan Corinthos and Julian Jerome
- Jones Apartment (2790 Bristol Street, #3E) - Former residence of Tania Jones and Tony Jones
- McCall Loft (#346) - Former residence of Sam Morgan
- Niles Apartment (#16) - Former residence of Lisa Niles
- Spencer Apartment (27 South Patton, #2B) - Former residence of Lucky Spencer, Cameron Spencer, Jake Spencer, Aiden Spencer and Siobhan Spencer
- Webber Apartment (829 Hawthorne Drive, #24) - Former residence of Heather Webber and Steve Webber
- Winslow Garden Apartments (114 Clover Avenue, #68) - Former residence of , Johnny Zacchara, Damian Spinelli, Ellie Trout, Starr Manning, Trey Mitchell, Levi Dunkleman, Lulu Spencer-Falconeri, Rocco Falconeri and Georgie Spinelli
- Zacchara Penthouse (344 West Adams) - Former residence of Johnny Zacchara, Connie Falconeri and Anthony Zacchara
- Acorn Motel (Room #16) - Former residence of Joe Scully, Jr.
- The Croydon Hotel (Suite #1775) - Former residence of Laura Templeton
- Nite Lite Motel (745 Pinelawn Road, Room #203) - Former residence of Danny Morgan and Heather Webber
- Rendezvous Motel (Room #201) - Former residence of John McBain
- Rendezvous Motel (Room #204) - Former residence of John McBain
- Rendezvous Motel (Room #205) - Former residence of Sam Morgan
Metro Court Hotel (1420 Quartz Lane)
- Suite #105 - Former residence of Hayden Barnes and Jake
- Suite #357 - Former residence of Jason Morgan
- Suite #324 - Former residence of Joe Scully, Jr.
- Suite #343 - Former residence of Carly Jacks, Jasper Jacks and Josslyn Jacks
- Suite #403 - Former residence of Laura Baldwin, Scott Baldwin and Franco
- Suite #413 - Former residence of Ava Jerome
- Suite #421 - Former residence of Laura Baldwin, Nikolas Cassadine, Jerry Jacks and Luke Spencer
- Suite #423 - Former residence of Brenda Barrett, Pres Floyd, Jasper Jacks, Julian Jerome, Todd Manning and Luke Spencer
- Suite #433 - Former residence of Robert Scorpio
- Suite #483 - Former residence of Max Giambetti
- Suite #487 - Former residence of Diane Miller, Mac Scorpio and Felicia Scorpio
- Suite #602 - Former residence of Mickey Diamond
- Suite #628 = Former residence of Ric Lansing, Franco Baldwin and Nina Reeves
- Suite #633 - Former residence of Ric Lansing
- Suite #718 - Former residence of Anna Devane
- Suite #815 - Former residence of Anna Devane, Emma Scorpio-Drake, Robin Scorpio-Drake and Luke Spencer
- Suite #819 - Former residence of Courtney Matthews
- Suite #917 - Former residence of Holly Sutton
- Suite #1205 - Former residence of Olivia Falconeri
- Suite #1220 - Former residence of Carly Jacks
- Suite #5529 - Former residence of Patrick Drake
- Suite #6305 - Former residence of Jasper Jacks and Johnny Zacchara
- Suite #6306 - Former residence of Anthony Zacchara
Port Charles Hotel (1420 Quartz Lane)
- Suite #174 - Former residence of Justus Ward
- Suite #213 - Former residence of Damian Smith
- Suite #244 - Former residence of Mike Corbin
- Suite #347 - Former residence of A.J. Quartermaine
- Suite #683 - Former residence of Alexis Davis
- Suite #753 - Former residence of Faith Rosco
- Suite #778 - Former residence of Ned Ashton
- Suite #885 - Former residence of Frisco Jones
- Suite #915 - Former residence of Skye Chandler-Quartermaine
- Suite #918 - Former residence of Jasper Jacks
- Suite #987 - Former residence of Luis Alcazar
- Suite #992 - Former residence of Katherine Bell
- 860 Birch Tree Lane - Former residence of Brenda Barrett, Emily Bowen-Quartermaine, Jason Morgan and Zander Smith
- Ferncliff Asylum - Former residence of Lucy Coe, Todd Manning, Robin Scorpio-Drake (Critical Care Wing, Room 16) and Heather Webber
- The Haunted Star Yacht (1227 Dock Street, Slip #1, Suite A1) - Former residence of Luke Spencer
- The Haunted Star Yacht (Suite C3) - Former residence of Georgie Jones and Dillon Quartermaine
- The Haunted Star Yacht - Former residence of Ethan Lovett and Johnny Zacchara
- The Ianai (Maui, Hawaii) - Former residence of Danny McCall, Jason Morgan and Sam Morgan
- Kelly's Diner (324 Wharf Street) - Former residence of Diego Alcazar, Brenda Barrett, Coop Barrett, Emily Quartermaine, Jagger Cates, Lily Corinthos, Tammy Hansen, Jimmy Lee Holt, Felicia Jones, Georgie Jones, Maxie Jones, Ric Lansing, Courtney Matthews, Miguel Morez, Jason Morgan, Sam Morgan, Celia Quartermaine, Dillon Quartermaine, Edward Quartermaine, Lila Quartermaine, Javier Ruiz, Juan Santiago, Rebecca Shaw, Lucky Spencer, Luke Spencer, Holly Sutton, Keesha Ward, Elizabeth Webber, Heather Webber, Dante Falconeri, Shawn Butler, T.J. Ashford, Jake Doe, Nathan West
- Lazarus Yachts I and II - Former residence of Sam Morgan
- McCall and Jackall Private Investigations - Former residence of Damian Spinelli
- Pentonville Penitentiary - Former residence of Carter, Maxie Jones, Jason Morgan, Blackie Parrish, Michael Quartermaine, Carlos Rivera, Anthony Zacchara and Sonny Corinthos
- Shadybrook Sanitarium - Former residence of Laura Baldwin, Connie Falconeri, Carly Jacks, Lulu Spencer-Falconeri, Elizabeth Webber, Franco and Nina Clay
- St. Timothy's Catholic Church - Former residence of Trey Mitchell
Port Charles Police Department
- Those that appear in bold are current personnel
- Police Commissioner Robert Scorpio (January 1983-December 1985)
- Co-Chief of Police Anna Devane (December 1985-December 1986)
- Co-Chief of Police Burt Ramsey (December 1985-December 1986)
- Chief of Police Anna Devane (December 1986-May 1987)
- Chief of Police Guy Lewis (June 1987-July 1992)
- Police Commissioner Robert Scorpio (February 1988-February 1992)
- Acting Police Commissioner Anna Devane (January 1990; during Robert's tenure)
- Acting Police Commissioner Guy Lewis (May - August 1991, during Robert's tenure)
- Police Commissioner Sean Donely (February 1992-March 1995)
- Police Commissioner Mac Scorpio (May 1996- June 2012)
- Police Commissioner Anna Devane (July 2012-Jan 2015)
- Police Commissioner Kyle Sloane (Jan 2015-May 2015)
- Police Commissioner Jordan Ashford (June 2015-present)
- Captain Patterson (1963-1974)
- Captain Wendell (1974-1979)
- Police Captain Burt Ramsey (1979-1986)
- Detective Marcus Taggert (1996-2003)
- Detective Joe Kelly
- Detective Frisco Jones
- Detective Andy Garcia
- Detective Andy Capelli (2001-2004)
- Detective Lucky Spencer (2003-2011)
- Officer Byron Murphy (2004-2005)
- Dr. Steven Webber (physician specializing in forensic medicine, 2004-2005)
- Detective Jesse Beaudry (2005-2006)
- Detective Cruz Rodriguez (2005-2008)
- Intern Sam McCall (2006)
- Detective David Harper (2007-2008)
- Police Cadet Cooper Barrett (2007-2008)
- Special Prosecutor Scott Baldwin (2007-2008)
- Detective Dante Falconeri (2010-present)
- Lieutenant/Detective Ronnie Dimestico (2010-2012)
- Officer Delores Padilla (2011-2012)
- Dr. Ewen Keenan (psychological profiler, 2012)
- Lulu Spencer-Falconeri (evidence room file clerk, 2012)
- Detective John McBain (2012-2013)
- Detective Nathan West (2014-present)
District Attorney's office
- Those that appear in bold are current personnel
- Chase Murdoch (1966-1971, 1973-1979)
- Mitch Williams (1979-1980)
- Bill Richardson (1982-1983)
- Mick Boyer (1984)
- Ken Morgan (1984-1985)
- Brett Madison (1986)
- D.A. Lombardi (1986)
- Michael Schultz (1990-1991)
- Abbey Mitchell (1993)
- Michael Schultz (1994)
- Justus Ward (1998)
- Scott Baldwin (2002-2004)
- Ric Lansing (2004-2005)
- John Durant (2005-2006)
- Alexis Davis (2005-2006)
- Ric Lansing (2006-2008)
- Alexis Davis (2008-2009)
- D.A. Martinez (2012-2013)
- Joseph Campbell (2012-2013)
- Benjamin Lazaro (2013)
- Scott Baldwin (2013-2015)
- Paul Hornsby (2015-present)
- Port Charles Police Department
- Pentonville Penitentiary
- Statesville Prison
- Miscavige Institute for the Criminally Insane
- Port Charles Courthouse
- Port Charles City Hall
- Mason, Petrovich, and Miller Law Firm
- Port Charles Airport
- Star Fall (airline charter)
- Slick's Taxi Service
- Those that appear in bold are current students or staff
- Holy Cross - Former students include Michael Quartermaine.
- Winston School - Former students include Molly Lansing-Davis and Kristina Corinthos-Davis
- Madison Prep - Former students include Kristina Corinthos-Davis, Michael Quartermaine, and Kiefer Bauer
- Queen of Angels - Former students include Morgan Corinthos and Michael Quartermaine
- Port Charles Montessori
- Port Charles High School - Former students include T.J. Ashford, Molly Lansing-Davis, Lulu Spencer, Lucky Spencer, Elizabeth Webber, Emily Bowen-Quartermaine, Sarah Webber, Nikolas Cassadine, Georgie Jones, Lucas Jones, Maxie Jones, Brenda Barrett, Jason Morgan, Karen Wexler, Jagger Cates, Laura Baldwin, Scott Baldwin, Robin Scorpio-Drake, and Sly Eckert.
- Charles Street High School
- Port Charles University (PCU) - T.J. Ashford, Molly Lansing-Davis, Dr. Pete Marquez (former professor), Shawn Butler (former academic counselor), former students include Starr Manning, Michael Quartermaine, Lulu Spencer, Maxie Jones, Georgie Jones (at time of death), Diego Alcazar, Lucas Jones, Dillon Quartermaine, Brook Lynn Ashton, Robin Scorpio, Damian Spinelli, Felicia Jones, Jade Soong, and Laura Baldwin.
- Those that appear in bold are current personnel
- St. Timothy's Church - Father Coates (priest), Mateo Ruiz (former priest), Trey Mitchell (former janitor)
- Mount Hebron Church - Bradley Ward (former pastor)
- Queen of Angels Church
- General Hospital Chapel
- Sailor's Chapel
- St. Anne's Cemetery
- All Saints Chapel (44 Harbor View Rd)
- General Hospital
- Mercy Hospital
- County Hospital
- Emily Bowen-Quartermaine Memorial Clinic
- Port Charles Women's Clinic
- Roselawn Sanitarium
- Shadybrook Sanitarium
- Ferncliff Asylum
- Miscavige Institute for the Criminally Insane
- Bold typeface represents the current Chief of Staff
- Dr. Bryant Nemer (1966-1971)
- Dr. Anderson Valey (1971-1976)
- Dr. Steve Hardy (1976-1996)
- Dr. Alan Quartermaine (1996-1998)
- Dr. Monica Quartermaine (1998-1999)
- Dr. Alan Quartermaine (1999-2007)
- Dr. Russell Ford (2007-2008)
- Dr. Patrick Drake (2008; interim)
- Dr. Monica Quartermaine (2008-2009)
- Dr. Patrick Drake (2009; interim during Monica's tenure)
- Dr. Steve Webber (2009-2011)
- Dr. Robin Scorpio-Drake (2011)
- Dr. Monica Quartermaine (2011-2013)
- Dr. Liesl Obrecht (2014-2016)
- Dr. Monica Quartermaine (2016-present)
- Bold typeface represents the current Head Nurse
- Those that appear in bold are current personnel
- Dr. Rachel Adair (pediatrician, former)
- Dr. Andy Archer (anesthesiologist, former)
- Dr. Gail Baldwin (psychiatrist, former)
- Dr. Tom Baldwin (cardiologist, former)
- Dr. Saira Batra (doctor specializing in Holistic health, former)
- Dr. Behar (cardiac surgeon)
- Dr. Emily Bowen-Quartermaine (intern, former)
- Dr. Phil Brewer (cardiologist, former)
- Dr. Ellen Burgess (former)
- Dr. Ryan Chamberlain (pediatrician, former)
- Dr. Linda Chu (OB/GYN, former)
- Dr. Yank Se Chung (former)
- Dr. Silas Clay (oncologist, former)
- Dr. Kevin Collins (psychiatrist)
- Dr. Mark Dante (former)
- Dr. Ian Devlin (former)
- Dr. Pierce Dorman (surgeon, former)
- Dr. Noah Drake (neurosurgeon, former)
- Dr. Patrick Drake (neurosurgeon, former)
- Dr. Hamilton Finn (infectious disease specialist)
- Dr. Alec Freeman
- Dr. Irma Foster (head of psychiatry, former)
- Dr. Dan Garrett (former)
- Dr. Simone Hardy (pediatrician, former)
- Dr. Steve Hardy (internist, former)
- Dr. Tom Hardy (psychiatrist, former)
- Dr. James Hobart (former)
- Dr. Matt Hunter (neurosurgeon, former)
- Dr. Terrell Jackson (pediatric surgeon, former)
- Dr. Lucas Jones (trauma surgeon)
- Dr. Tony Jones (neurosurgeon, former)
- Dr. Kyle Julian (intern, former)
- Dr. Leo Julian (cardiac surgeon, former)
- Dr. Ewen Keenan (psychiatrist, former)
- Dr. Eve Lambert (physician, former)
- Dr. Kelly Lee (OB/GYN)
- Dr. Cameron Lewis (psychiatrist, former)
- Dr. Matthew Mayes (neurologist)
- Dr. Andre Maddox (psychiatrist)
- Dr. Griffin Munro (neurosurgeon)
- Dr. Lisa Niles (orthopedic surgeon, former)
- Dr. Liesl Obrecht (head of records department)
- Dr. Kevin O'Connor (former)
- Dr. Patrick O'Connor (former)
- Dr. Henry Pinkham (former)
- Dr. John Prentice (OB/GYN, former)
- Dr. Alan Quartermaine (general practitioner, former)
- Dr. Monica Quartermaine (cardiologist)
- Dr. Lak Rashi (Senior ER resident)
- Dr. Robin Scorpio-Drake (neuropathologist, former)
- Dr. Claire Simpson (intern, former)
- Dr. Ravi Singh (oncologist, former)
- Dr. Buzz Stryker (former)
- Dr. Peter Taylor (psychiatrist, former)
- Dr. Asher Thomas (psychiatrist, former)
- Dr. Ian Thornhart (former)
- Dr. Maya Ward (intern, former)
- Dr. Jeff Webber (physician, former)
- Dr. Lesley Webber (cardiologist, former)
- Dr. Rick Webber (surgeon, former)
- Dr. Sarah Webber (intern, former)
- Dr. Steve Webber (pediatrician, surgeon, former)
- Dr. Britt Westbourne (obstetrician, gynecologist)
- Dr. Karen Wexler (physician, former)
- Dr. Lainey Winters (psychiatrist, former)
- Dr. Maggie Wurth (pediatrician, former; deceased)
- Those that appear in bold are current personnel
- Melissa Bedford (nurse, former)
- Meg Bentley (nurse, former)
- Jessie Brewer (nurse, former)
- Betsy Chilson (nurse, former)
- Judy Clampett (nurse, former)
- Jolene Crowell (student nurse, former)
- Nadine Crowell (nurse, former)
- Jane Dawson (nurse, former)
- Amy Driscoll (nurse)
- Felix DuBois (nurse)
- Iris Fairchild (nurse, former)
- Audrey Hardy (nurse, former)
- Epiphany Johnson (surgical nurse)
- Camillia McKay (nurse, former)
- Augusta McLeod (nurse, former)
- Leyla Mir (nurse, former)
- Penny (nurse)
- Sharon Pinkham (nurse, former)
- Sabrina Santiago (nurse, former)
- Bobbie Spencer (surgical nurse, former)
- Diana Taylor (nurse, former)
- Regina Thompson (nurse, former)
- Amy Vining (nurse, former; deceased)
- Elizabeth Webber (surgical nurse)
- Dawn Winthrop (student nurse, former)
- Those that appear in bold are current personnel
- Sage Alcazar (candy striper, former)
- Lee Baldwin (addiction counselor, former)
- Carly Benson (physical therapist, former)
- Florence Campbell (administrator, former)
- Nikolas Cassadine (CEO, former; board member)
- Stefan Cassadine (CEO, former)
- Brad Cooper (phlebotomist, lab manager)
- Howie Dawson (administrator, former)
- Toussaint Dubois (orderly, former)
- Georgie Jones (candy striper, former)
- Maxie Jones (candy striper, former)
- Tania Jones (speech therapist, former)
- Cassius Kibideaux (orderly, former)
- Miguel Morez (orderly, former)
- A.J. Quartermaine (orderly, former)
- Edward Quartermaine (board member, former)
- Tracy Quartermaine (board member)
- Dan Rooney (administrator, former)
- Rebecca Shaw (x-ray technician, former)
- Iris Sneed (administrator, former)
- Ellie Trout (lab tech, former)
- Keesha Ward (worked in the Social Work Department, former)
- Those that appear in bold are current personnel
- WLPC television - Tiffany Hill (former reporter and executive) and Shep Casey (former reporter)
- WXPC television
- The Port Charles Herald newspaper
- Crimson magazine - Derek Wells (owner), Maxie Jones (former junior editor), Connie Falconeri (former editor-in-chief), Duke Lavery (former Chief of Staff), Todd Manning (former owner), T.J. Ashford (former intern), Molly Lansing-Davis (former intern), Sam Morgan (former assistant), Lulu Spencer (former assistant) and Clarice Bennett (former employee)
- The Port Charles Press newspaper (formerly The Port Charles Sun tabloid and the The Port Charles Herald newspaper) - Derek Wells (owner), Maxie Jones (former assistant), Connie Falconeri (former editor-in-chief), Duke Lavery (former Chief of Staff), Todd Manning (former owner, former publisher), Heather Webber (former gossip columnist), Diane Miller (former gossip columnist), Sam Morgan (former assistant), Pres Floyd (former owner and editor-in-chief), Cheryl Burns (former assistant) and Marissa Leong (former reporter)
- Please note that the deaths listed here did not necessarily take place in the city of Port Charles; rather, this list is of deaths that have either occurred on the show General Hospital, or were of characters from the show.
* denotes a child under the age of 18.
- Lena Spencer - Accidentally hit in the head with a baseball bat by Luke Spencer, when he was trying to protecting her from Tim Spencer, later died of swelling on the brain at General Hospital. (1 April 1963; shown 1 April 2015)
- Tim Spencer - Hit in the head with a baseball bat by Luke Spencer. (1 April 1963; shown 1 April 2015)
- Nancy Brewer* - Heart ailment (27 July 1966)
- John Prentice - Accidental prescription overdose (1967)
- Polly Prentice - Car crash (1968)
* denotes a child under the age of 18.
- Peggy Nelson - Shot by Arnold Nelson. (24 September 1971)
- Meg Baldwin - Stroke during an argument with Lee Baldwin (1971)
- Tracy Taylor* - Untreated pneumonia (1971)
- Brooke Clinton - Hit her head in a fall after being hit by Burt Douglas (1973)
- Kristin Bergman - Throat slit by Helena Cassadine (1973; Revealed in 2001)
- Joanne Dawson* - (1974)
- Bradley Ward - Shot by Jack Boland (offscreen) (1 July 1974; Revealed in 1994)
- Phil Brewer - Bludgeoned with a geode by Augusta McLeod (6 December 1974)
- Cameron Faulkner - Killed in a car accident caused by Lesley Webber while Cameron was kidnapping her (1976)
- Martha Taylor* - Killed in a car accident during a hurricane (September 1977)
- Lamont Corbin - (1978)
- David Hamilton - Hit his head on a fireplace hearth after being pushed by Laura Webber (1978)
- Theresa Carter - Hit over the head with a camera by Laura Webber (1978; Revealed in 2002)
- Beatrice Hewitt - Lassa Fever (1979)
- Peter Taylor - Heart attack and multiple strokes (1979)
* denotes a child under the age of 18.
- Diana Taylor - Accidentally shot by Alice Grant (1981)
- James Duvall - Hit over the head with the Ice Princess diamond by Alexandria Quartermaine (1981)
- Brighton O'Reilly - Shot by Victor Cassadine (1981)
- Maximillian Von Stade - Inadvertently frozen to death in Mikkos Cassadine's Ice Chamber (9 September 1981)
- Noel Von Stade - Inadvertently frozen to death in Mikkos Cassadine's Ice Chamber (9 September 1981)
- Alexandria Quartermaine - Inadvertently frozen to death in Mikkos Cassadine's Ice Chamber (18 September 1981)
- Tony Cassadine - Inadvertently frozen to death in Mikkos Cassadine's Ice Chamber (18 September 1981)
- Mikkos Cassadine - Thrown into his own ice chamber by Luke Spencer (18 September 1981)
- Susan Moore - Shot by Crane Tolliver (11 February 1983)
- Crane Tolliver - Shot and injured by Robert Scorpio while hospitalized tampered with his IV killing himself (1983)
- Beatrice LeSeur - Overdose of Diazepam (1983)
- D.L. Brock - accidentally shot by Ginny Blake (1985)
- Jennifer Talbot - Strangled to death by Kevin O'Connor (1986)
- Herbert Quartermaine - Poisoned with arsenic by Betsy Quartermaine (1987)
- Tania Jones - Killed in a hit and run car accident by a teenager named Cory (18 March 1987)
- Filomena Soltini - Sustained injuries from Grant Putnam and later died as a result (1988)
- Victor Jerome - Choked on a necklace he ate (20 October 1989)
* denotes a child under the age of 18.
- Olivia St. John - Killed by Julian Jerome (12 March 1990)
- Jonathan Paget - Killed in a shootout with Julian Jerome (19 March 1990)
- Dawn Winthrop - Bludgeoned to death with lead pipe by Edge Jerome (27 February 1991)
- Jessie Brewer - Died of old age (offscreen; 30 April 1991)
- Jessica Holmes - Bludgeoned to death by Ryan Chamberlain (1993)
- Ray Conway - Died of a broken neck after being thrown against a wall by Alan Quartermaine (1993)
- Dominique Stanton Baldwin - Inoperable Brain Tumor (4 May 1993)
- Bill Eckert - Shot by Frank Smith's men (15 November 1993)
- B.J. Jones* - Taken off life support after a bus crash (18 May 1994)
- Joe Scully - Shot by Sonny Corinthos (1995)
- Ryan Chamberlain - Fell into the flames of a broken gas pipe (24 March 1995)
- Paige Bowen - Breast cancer (9 June 1995)
- Stone Cates - AIDS related complications (29 November 1995)
- Mary Mae Ward - Heart attack (17 January 1996; offscreen)
- Damian Smith - Knocked unconscious with a baseball bat by Justus Ward and died in an arson fire Damian caused (1996)
- Lily Corinthos - Died in a car bombing meant for Sonny Corinthos, planted by Hernando Rivera (31 May 1996)
- Steve Hardy - Suffered a fatal heart attack (off-screen) (15 July 1996)
- Pierce Dorman - Stabbed on orders of Hernando Rivera (1997)
- Jake Marshak- Hanged to death by serial killer Greg Cooper (June 1998)
- Grace Sullivan - Drowned in lake by serial killer Greg Cooper (1998)
- Ruby Anderson - Died from old age (offscreen) (28 January 1999)
- Katherine Bell - Pushed to her death from a parapet by Helena Cassadine (8 October 1999)
* denotes a child under the age of 18.
- Chloe Morgan - Strangled by Stavros Cassadine (4 September 2001)
- Kristina Cassadine - Caught in an explosion in Sonny Corinthos's warehouse that was caused by Luis Alcazar; died in ICU (6 August 2002)
- Rick Webber - Hit over the head with a candlestick by Scott Baldwin (12 August 2002, revealed 2007)
- Luís Alcazar - Pushed off a balcony fourteen stories to his death by Alexis Davis (22 November 2002)
- Karen Wexler - Fatally hit by car (1 July 2003)
- Catherine Flynn - Poisoned with cyanide by Faith Rosco (28 February 2003)
- Benny Abrahms - Heart attack (13 March 2003)
- Summer Holloway - Pushed off cliff by Darius Jensen and fell to her death (June 2003)
- Stefan Cassadine - Stabbed and then pushed off a cliff by Luke Spencer and fell to his death (10 October 2003)
- Livvie Locke - (offscreen, 2003, revealed 22 February 2013)
- Cameron Lewis - Caught under falling debris in Port Charles Hotel fire (11 February 2004)
- Brian Beck - Shot by Andy Capelli (February 2004)
- Andy Capelli - Shot in a struggle with Jason Morgan (February 2004)
- Zander Smith - Committed suicide by cop; shot to death by the S.W.A.T. team when he pretended to go for a gun in a standoff (24 March 2004)
- Ross Duncan - Buldgeoned with a lead pipe to death by Heather Webber (April 2004)
- Lila Quartermaine - Died from old age (off-screen) (14 July 2004)
- Sage Alcazar* - Stabbed by Mary Bishop and froze to death in the Quartermaine freezer (25 August 2004)
- Trent Parker - Stabbed with a garden harrow to death by Mary Bishop (27 August 2004)
- Mary Bishop - Poisoned to death with penicillin by Lorenzo Alcazar (3 September 2004)
- Connor Bishop - Shot to death by Emily Quartermaine in self defense (25 January 2005)
- Faith Rosco - Shot by a hitman hired by A.J. Quartermaine; later died in General Hospital (9 March 2005)
- Evan Tucker - Hit his head on a rock during a fight with Reese Marshall (17 June 2005)
- Rachel Adair - Lethal Injection of digitalis by Asher Thomas (27 July 2005)
- Asher Thomas - Shot by Jason Morgan in defense of Monica Quartermaine (8 August 2005)
- Andrew Domman - Shot by Jason Morgan (August 2005)
- Javier Ruiz - Shot by Jason Morgan (October 2005)
- Reese Marshall - Died from a punctured lung in a train crash (15 November 2005)
- Tony Jones - Died from encephalitis after working tireless hours around the infection (10 February 2006)
- Courtney Matthews - Died from encephalitis when she was weakened by childbirth (21 February 2006)
- Danny McCall - Encephalitis (22 February 2006)
- Jesse Beaudry - Taken off life support after being shot by Manny Ruiz (31 March 2006)
- Miguel Escobar - Shot by Jason Morgan (31 March 2006)
- John Durant - Shot by Manny Ruiz (5 May 2006)
- Justus Ward - Shot by Manny Ruiz (19 June 2006)
- Manny Ruiz - Pushed from the roof of General Hospital by Jason Morgan (4 July 2006)
- Aleksander Janáček - Shot by Brenda Barrett while he was strangling Dante Falconeri (offscreen 2007; shown in flashbacks 2010-11)
- Alan Quartermaine - Suffered multiple heart attacks after being held hostage by Jerry Jacks (26 February 2007)
- Lorenzo Alcazar - Shot by Jason Morgan under the orders of Skye Chandler-Quartermaine (23 May 2007)
- Leticia Juarez - Strangled to death by Diego Alcazar (4 September 2007)
- Emily Bowen-Quartermaine - Strangled to death by Diego Alcazar (14 November 2007; shown 1 November 2007)
- Georgie Jones* - Strangled to death by Diego Alcazar (17 December 2007)
- Stan Johnson - Jerry Jacks had him killed (offscreen) (3 January 2008)
- Cooper Barrett - Hanged to death by Diego Alcazar (25 January 2008)
- Diego Alcazar - Accidentally hanged himself in a struggle with Nikolas Cassadine (6 March 2008)
- Ian Devlin - Shot by Jason Morgan in defense of Maxie Jones (5 May 2008)
- Logan Hayes - Stabbed to death by Lulu Spencer in self defense (8 July 2008)
- Russell Ford - Killed by a car that crashed into the ER (22 July 2008)
- Andrei Karpov - Shot to death by Sonny Corinthos (7 November 2008)
- Sasha Donev - Shot by a sniper (19 December 2008)
- Earl Bragg - Ingested toxic spheres (28 January 2009)
- Andy Archer - Infected with an airborne poison while performing surgery (29 January 2009)
- Leyla Mir - Infected with an airborne poison while performing surgery (3 February 2009)
- Trevor Lansing - Fell off the roof of General Hospital while fighting with Sam McCall (13 February 2009)
- Brianna Hughes - Bludgeoned by Andrea Floyd (12 June 2009)
- Andrea Floyd - Accidentally ran down by Edward Quartermaine (9 September 2009)
- Claudia Zacchara - Hit over the head with an axe handle by Michael Corinthos III while she was trying to kidnap newborn Josslyn Jacks (4 November 2009)
- Joey Limbo - Shot by Jason Morgan, then throat crushed by Franco (20 November 2009)
* denotes a child under the age of 18.
- Kiefer Bauer - Accidentally run over by Alexis Davis in a hit and run, later died of injuries at General Hospital. (6 April 2010)
- Carter - Stabbed by Jason Morgan in self-defense (11 June 2010)
- Warren Bauer - Shot by Mac Scorpio while Warren was trying to shoot Kristina Corinthos-Davis (23 July 2010)
- Anton Banavik - Shot by Brenda Barrett while he was trying to kill Dante Falconeri (1 November 2010)
- Theo Hoffman - Throat slit by his wife Suzanne Stanwyck (31 March 2011)
- Brandon Lowell - Shot in the head by a hitwoman hired by Anthony Zacchara (5 April 2011)
- Siobhan Spencer - Poisoned by Anthony Zacchara (22 August 2011)
- Darryl Hayes - Shot by Lucky Spencer while Darryl was attacking Elizabeth Webber (19 September 2011)
- Joey Bruzetta - Shot by Johnny Zacchara while Joey was attacking Damian Spinelli and Maxie Jones (19 September 2011)
- Rudy Trujillo - Shot when Johnny Zacchara forced JT to pull the trigger (20 September 2011)
- JT - Shot by Rudy Trujillo in self defense (20 September 2011)
- Captain McLeod - Killed by Lisa Niles (October 2011)
- Lisa Niles - Bludgeoned with a wrench by Matt Hunter (24 October 2011; offscreen)
- Abby Haver - Hit by a load that fell off a crane (13 December 2011; offscreen)
- Lauren Briggs - Framed by Anthony Zacchara for Lisa Niles' murder and supposedly committed suicide (15 December 2011; offscreen)
- Chuck Dinafrio - Shot by Ronnie Dimestico (25 January 2012; offscreen)
- Irina Cassadine - Shot by a goon on orders of Helena Cassadine (27 February 2012)
- Cole Thornhart - Car explosion due to falling off a cliff after a crash caused by Johnny Zacchara shooting out Anthony Zacchara's tires (28 February 2012)
- Hope Manning-Thornhart* - Car explosion due to falling off a cliff after a crash caused by Johnny Zacchara shooting out Anthony Zacchara's tires (28 February 2012)
- Ronnie Dimestico - Shot by John McBain while Ronnie was holding a pregnant Sam Morgan hostage. (7 May 2012)
- Maggie Wurth - Poisoned by Heather Webber and later died at General Hospital (11 May 2012)
- Anthony Zacchara - Shot multiple times by his grandson, Johnny Zacchara (22 May 2012)
- Victor Lord III* - Died of respiratory failure shortly after birth (4 June 2012)
- Ewen Keenan - Shot by Jason Morgan while Ewen was holding Elizabeth Webber hostage and later died in the ER. (5 September 2012)
- Virginia Cooke - Died from the pathogen put in the water supply by Jerry Jacks. (11 September 2012; offscreen)
- Bernie Abrahms - Died after being shot by Joe Scully, Jr., and then by Cesar Faison. (22 October 2012)
- Joe Scully, Jr. - Died after being shot by Jason Morgan in self defense. (22 October 2012)
- Edward Quartermaine - Died from old age and a heart condition. (offscreen, 20 November 2012)
- Trey Mitchell - Taken off life support after becoming brain dead following a car accident. (14 January 2013)
- Alison Barrington - Stabbed in the stomach with a spear by Caleb Morley. (offscreen, 31 January 2013; shown in flashback)
- Bud Carlson - Stabbed in the stomach with a spear by Caleb Morley, died later at General Hospital. (11 February 2013)
- Jay Mosser - Stabbed in the neck (presumably with scissors) by Caleb Morley. (offscreen, 13 February 2013)
- Caleb Morley - Died when stabbed in the chest with a silver-tipped arrow by John McBain in a struggle. (28 February 2013)
- Connie Falconeri - Shot in the stomach by Ava Jerome. (23 August 2013; shown 26 August 2013; revealed 25 February 2014)
- Henry Nakamura - Given an overdose of prescription medication by Madeline Reeves. (offscreen, 27 February 2014; revealed 7 April 2014)
- A.J. Quartermaine - Shot in the chest by Sonny Corinthos, later died of complications at General Hospital. (offscreen, 31 March 2014)
- Gabriel Santiago* - Massive organ failure due to necrotizing enterocolitis, less then a month after premature birth. (4 June 2014)
- Rafe Kovich, Jr.* - Taken off life support after becoming brain dead following a car accident. (16 July 2014)
- Mickey Diamond - Shot in the head by Julian Jerome. Taken off life support after becoming brain dead. (offscreen, 7 August 2014)
- Peter Harrell, Sr. - Shot in the back by Nathan West in defense of Maxie Jones. (15 September 2014)
- Peter Harrell, Jr. - Stabbed in the back by Maxie Jones in defense of Nathan West. (15 September 2014)
- Stavros Cassadine - Shot in the chest by Dante Falconeri in defense of himself and his then-wife, Lulu Spencer-Falconeri. (16 September 2014)
- Victor Cassadine - Shot in the chest by Liesl Obrecht to hide the truth of her son, Nathan West's true paternity. (16 September 2014)
- Duke Lavery - Shot in the stomach by Carlos Rivera under the orders of Julian Jerome, later died of blood loss at General Hospital. (11 May 2015)
- Frank Smith - Shot multiple times by Luke Spencer in defense of himself and his family. (6 July 2015)
- Silas Clay - Stabbed in the back by Madeline Reeves. (31 July 2015; revealed 31 August 2015)
- Charles Heineck - Shot by Jake Doe in defense of T.J. Ashford. (8 September 2015)
- Kyle Sloane - Shot twice by Paul Hornsby. (29 September 2015)
- Hale Garrett - Murdered.
- Carlos Rivera - Stabbed in the stomach with a dagger by Julian Jerome, later died of blood loss at General Hospital. (13 May 2016)
- Matthew Mayes - Murdered by Paul Hornsby. (1 July 2016)
- Nikolas Cassadine - Shot in the chest by Valentine Cassadine, and later fell off the balcony. (19 July 2016)
- Sabrina Santiago - Murdered by Paul Hornsby. (14 September 2016)
- Please note that the rapes listed here did not necessarily take place in the city of Port Charles; rather, this list is of rapes that have either occurred on the show General Hospital, or involved characters from the show.
* denotes that it resulted in a pregnancy
- Jessie Brewer* - by Phil Brewer (1965) (daughter Nancy Brewer died as an infant)
- Audrey Baldwin* - by Tom Baldwin (1969) (son Stevie Baldwin was born)
- Diana Taylor* - by Phil Brewer (1971) (daughter Martha Taylor died as a child)
- Monica Bard - by Greg Adamson (offscreen; prior to 1976)
- Lesley Faulkner* - by Cameron Faulkner (1976) (baby was miscarried)
- Laura Webber - by David Hamilton (statutory; 1977)
- Laura Baldwin - by Luke Spencer (1979)
- Monica Quartermaine - by Alan Quartermaine (1979)
- Laura Spencer* - by Stavros Cassadine (whether it was rape is debatable; 1983) (son Nikolas Cassadine died in 2016)
- Claudia Zacchara* - by Gino Soleito (statutory; offscreen; 1983; revealed 2012) (son Johnny Zacchara was born)
- Todd Manning - by Peter Manning (offscreen; 1984)
- Claudia Zacchara - by Trevor Lansing (statutory; offscreen; c1985)
- Connie Falconeri* - by Joe Scully, Jr. (offscreen; c1986) (son Joey Scully died in 2013)
- Carly Benson - by Dan Roberts (statutory; offscreen; c1988)
- Carla Greco - by Rico Chacone (1990)
- Karen Wexler - by Ray Conway (offscreen; prior to 1992)
- Carol Swift - by Todd Manning (offscreen; c1992)
- Blair Buchanan - by Asa Buchanan (on OLTL; 1992)
- Marty Saybrooke - by Todd Manning, et al. (on OLTL; 1993)
- Elizabeth Webber - by Tom Baker (1998)
- "Todd Manning"* - by Margaret Cochran (on OLTL; 2005) (son T.J. Manning was born)
- Emily Cassadine - by Connor Bishop (2005)
- Jasper Jacks - by Irina (2007)
- Marty Saybrooke - by "Todd Manning" (on OLTL; consensual at the time but later considered rape; 2008)
- Claudia Zacchara-Corinthos - by Ric Lansing (whether it was rape is debatable; 2009)
- Michael Quartermaine - by Carter (offscreen in 2010; shown in flashback 2011)
- Susan Hornsby - by Kyle Sloane (offscreen, pre-2014)
- Eddie Weeks (reckless driving causing injury, 1963; guilty)
- Jessie Brewer and Tom Baldwin (murder of John Prentice, 1968; not guilty)
- Audrey March Hardy (murder of Peggy Nelson, 1971; not guilty)
- Diana Taylor (murder of Phil Brewer, 1975; not guilty)
- Anna Devane (attempted murder of Olivia St. John, 1988; acquitted)
- Felicia Jones (attempted murder of Ryan Chamberlain, 1993; found guilty but later acquitted)
- Edward Quartermaine (murder of Bradley Ward, 1994; not guilty)
- Laura Spencer (murder of Damian Smith, 1996; not guilty)
- Monica Quartermaine (sexual harassment of Pierce Dorman, 1997; guilty, later exonerated)
- Tony Jones (kidnapping of Michael Corinthos III, 1998; acquitted)
- Stefan Cassadine (murder of Katherine Bell, 1998; not guilty)
- Tom Yergin (blackmail of Emily Quartermaine, 1998; guilty)
- Luke Spencer (murder of Stefan Cassadine, 2000; acquitted)
- Jason Morgan and Brenda Barrett (murder of Luis Alcazar, 2003; not guilty)
- Alexis Davis (murder of Luis Alcazar, 2003; acquitted/self-defense)
- Nikolas Cassadine (murder of Helena Cassadine, 2004; not guilty)
- Sonny Corinthos (murder of A.J. Quartermaine, 2005; not guilty)
- Sam McCall (murder of Diego Alcazar, 2006; dismissed)
- Jason Morgan (murder of Lorenzo Alcazar, 2007; acquitted)
- Monica Quartermaine (reckless driving causing injury, 2008; sent to rehab)
- Johnny Zacchara (murder of Logan Hayes, 2008; not guilty)
- Matt Hunter and Patrick Drake (wrongful death of Brianna Hughes, 2009; charges dropped)
- Sonny Corinthos (murder of Claudia Zacchara, 2010; charges dropped)
- Sonny Corinthos (shooting of an occupied vehicle and attempted murder of Anthony Zacchara, and murder with special circumstances of multiple murders and gang murder of Cole Thornhart and Hope Manning-Thornhart, 2012; not guilty)
- Todd Manning, (kidnapping-switching Danny Morgan and Victor Lord III shortly after birth; 2013; dismisssed)
- A.J. Quartermaine (murder of Connie Falconeri, 2013; not guilty)
- Julian Jerome (murder of Duke Lavery and Carlos Rivera, attempted murder of Alexis Davis, 2016; not guilty)
- Please note, this list does not include crises at General Hospital, for those crises, see General Hospital (location)
- In September 1977, a hurricane strikes the city, claiming the lives of Martha Taylor and David Hamilton's wife and child.
- In August 1981 the town experienced a blizzard in the midst of summer. The cause of this blizzard was determined to be Mikkos Cassadine's weather machine.
- In 1988, a bomb explodes in the main exhibition tent of the Port Charles Art Festival.
- In 1990, a blackout hit the city when Cesar Faison joined together the alien crystals from the planet Lumina.
- In February 1991, the Quartermaine S.S. Tracy sank in the middle of Port Charles Harbor, unleashing toxic chemicals and causing an environmental disaster.
- In 1991, the town experienced an earthquake, which destroyed many homes and caused a lot of damage.
- In May 1994, a school bus for a Port Charles elementary school crashes, leaving B.J. Jones dead.
- In June 2001, a bus collided head on with a train near the city, interrupting the Nurses Ball, the social event of the year in Port Charles.
- In February 2004, the Port Charles Hotel burned down. Zander Smith was believed to be dead. The hotel was completely destroyed, but later rebuilt by Australian billionaire, Jasper Jacks, who renamed it the Metro Court after his now deceased wife, Courtney Matthews.
- In August 2004, many were trapped at the Quartermaine Mansion while a serial killer was on the loose, killing Sage Alcazar and Trent Parker. This person was Mary Bishop, who also tried to stab Emily Quartermaine.
- In July 2005, another hurricane strikes the city of Port Charles, but fatalities and damage was light compared to the 1977 hurricane.
- In November 2005, two trains collided in the Glencoe tunnel which is located near the city. Reese Marshall died. Alexis Davis gave born to Molly Lansing-Davis, with the help of Emily Quartermaine and Ric Lansing.
- In August 2006, another blackout swept through Port Charles. As a result, Alexis Davis, Sonny Corinthos and Kristina Corinthos-Davis were stuck in the Metro Court restaurant.
- In February 2007, the Metro Court Hotel's lobby was taken hostage by Jerry Jacks and eventually, destroyed by an explosion. This hostage situation lasted for 12 hours. Alan Quartermaine died of a heart attack and Robin Scorpio, Mateo Ruiz and Max Giambetti were shot.
- In October 2007, Nikolas Cassadine decided to throw a Black and White Ball in honor of the late Dr. Alan Quartermaine. Soon enough, disaster struck in the form of Anthony Zacchara. Anthony attacked and hurt Lulu, Ric, Nadine, Maxie, Spinelli, Nikolas, Lucky, Sam, Luke, Leyla, Patrick, Robin, Elizabeth and Jason. But it later turned out that there was actually a second intruder Diego Alcazar who was the Text Message Killer (TMK). Diego strangled Emily Quartermaine to death, attacked Nikolas, and nearly strangled Carly Jacks to death as well.
- In late 2007 to early 2008 a killer/stalker was in Port Charles as the Text Message Killer. Carly, Sam, Maxie, Jason, Lucky, Max, Alexis, Nikolas and Nadine were attacked by him and he murdered Cooper Barrett, Emily Quartermaine, Georgie Jones and Leticia. The killer was Diego Alcazar.
- In March 2008, an abandoned cannery warehouse located on the main docks was blown up by a series of bombs that were planted by the late Diego Alcazar. Carly's unborn baby died.
- From late December 2010 to early January 2011, a bus heading to Cedar Mountain for a ski trip crashes, injuring Olivia Falconeri, Matt Hunter, and Morgan Corinthos, and giving Kristina Corinthos-Davis hypothermia. The bus driver dies on site and Kristina's friend Ali dies at the hospital.
- In October 2011, Lisa Niles wakes up from her coma to terrorize Port Charles. First she puts a nurse in a coma at GH, drugs Johnny Zacchara, and stabs Anthony Zacchara. Then she goes on a boat where Matt Hunter is throwing a party. There she kills the caption of the boat, drugs the First Mate, drugs Elizabeth Webber and throws her into the water, drugs Patrick and Robin and intends to infect Patrick with HIV to be stopped by Robin, and lastly she fights Robin on the deck. During this Olivia Falconeri passes out. Lisa is found dead two weeks later having been killed by Matt.
- In June 2012, Tea Delgado and Sam Morgan both gave birth to their sons during a torrential rainstorm. Tea's son wasn't breathing, and her ex-husband, Todd Manning, went looking for help. He brings the baby to Heather Webber, who tries to save him, but the baby dies. Meanwhile, Sam comes to the same area, looking for help, and ends up passing out after putting her son down. Todd & Heather then switched the babies, giving Sam's breathing son to Tea, and leaving Tea's stillborn son in his place. Tea names "her son" Victor Lord III, while Sam buries "her son" as Jason Morgan Jr. Four months later, Jason Morgan figured out the switch, and told John McBain. However, Heather had kidnapped baby Victor from Tea, wanting to raise a son by herself. Baby Victor was rescued from Heather, and returned to Jason & Sam, who renamed him Danny Morgan.
- From late August to early September 2012, Jerry Jacks puts a deadly pathogen in the water supply and everyone in town becomes deathly ill, except Alexis Davis and Josslyn Jacks, whom he inoculated against the pathogen. Jerry blackmails Ewen Keenan and Joe Scully, Jr. into helping him, and tricks Todd Manning into selling him his cable TV franchise so he can announce his intentions to the city. Ewen snaps because of what Jerry has made him a part of and kidnaps Elizabeth Webber. Jason Morgan saves Elizabeth, but he and Ewen shoot each other, killing Ewen. Jerry kidnaps Alexis, and in a confrontation between Jerry, Jasper Jacks, Johnny Zacchara and Carly Jacks, Johnny is shot. The Quartermaine cook, Virginia Cooke, dies from the pathogen in the water.
- On October 22, 2012, Bernie Abrahms is waiting at Pier 52 for Jason Morgan. Joe Scully, Jr. however arrives and shoots Bernie, but before Joe can finish Bernie off, Jason arrives and confronts Joe. Joe tries to shoot Jason, but Jason fatally shoots Joe first. Jason goes to Bernie where Bernie tries to tell Jason "about the money", but before he could say anything else, Cesar Faison (disguised as Duke Lavery) shoots Jason in the back and then kicks Jason's unconscious body into the harbor. Jason was presumed dead. After that, Faison threatens to kill Joe and notices that Bernie is alive and goes over and shoots him. Joe starts to run off. Faison sees Joe running off and tries to shoot him, but misses, Faison tries to go after Joe, but stops when he hears the police sirens and instead goes to a different direction. Joe goes to the Quartermaine Mansion where he later on dies from his gunshot wound. Back at Pier 52, the Police as well as the paramedics and Sonny Corinthos arrives, Sonny goes over to see a dying Bernie and asks him who shot him and what happend to Jason. Bernie tells Sonny that Joe shot him and that Jason was shot and dumped into the harbor. Sonny leaps into the water to tries to find Jason, but fails. Sonny goes back to Bernie where Bernie tries to tell Sonny about someting but before Bernie could say anthing else he dies. Jason was revealed to be alive in 2014.
- In February 2013, a Serial Killer named Caleb Morley who looks like John McBain goes to Port Charles where he wrecks havoc by first murdering Alison Barrington, he then poses as John and gets Rafe Kovich, Jr. out of jail with the help of Officer Bud Carlson, all three arrive at Pier 52 where Caleb then stabs Officer Carlson to death and tries to kidnap Rafe but Rafe escapes and runs off. Caleb then goes to the PCU and kills Professor Jay Mosser by stabbing him in the neck with a pair of scissors. Caleb frames John Mcbain for his crimes and John is later arrested. At Pier 52 Caleb sees Heather Webber with Danny Morgan and stops her from leaving, he chokes Heather by the neck and then throws her into the harbor. Caleb tries to kidnap Danny but then Todd Manning arrives and stops Caleb, both Todd and Caleb struggle over over the stroller and Caleb threatens Todd to leave but Todd refuses, after hearing the police sirens Caleb quickly escapes. After Todd is arrested by Anna Devane. Caleb goes back to Pier 52 where he sees Sam Morgan who looks like his deceased wife Livvie Locke. Caleb tries to pose as John by tricking Sam but fails. Sam tries to escape from Caleb but Caleb blocks Sam's way and kidnaps both her and Danny. At Wyndemere Castle, Caleb has taken both Sam and Danny as hostages and has also drugged Sam and also bitten her neck. Caleb threatens to kill Sam but before he can, John Mcbain arrives and both him and Caleb get into a struggle. Caleb over powers John and ties him up. Caleb then goes over and tries to kill John but before he can, Lucy Coe arrives, Caleb threatens to kill Lucy but before Caleb can, John escapes and goes after Caleb where they struggle, Caleb almost over powers John but gets distracted when Sam calls out his name, giving John enough time to overpower Caleb by stabbing him to death.
- From Febuary 2014-Febuary 2015 Evil Luke posing as Luke Spencer. Helena Cassadine and Evil Luke planned to blow up Haunted Star but they were stopped by Sonny Corinthos. On Febuary 6 2015 it was revealed that Evil Luke was Luke all along.
- ↑ Shown on Julian Jerome's PCPD file on Oct 28, 2013.
- ↑ Stated in a February 29, 2009 episode of General Hospital
- ↑ Seen on August 24, 2016.
- ↑ Revealed on Aug 20, 2015
- ↑ Stated by Jason on 1-18-16...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNhoR62NmP4
- ↑ Revealed by Olivia on June 20, 2016... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqz3Wrs3WpY
- ↑ When talking to Alexis, Elizabeth states that Behar operated on Alexis' nephew Nikolas
- ↑ Seen as Franco's doctor when Silas was looking at Franco's chart
- ↑ On February 5, 2015, Julian Jerome revealed that all of the evidence exonerating Johnny was faked and that Johnny did kill Anthony
Beechers Corners, New York · Bensonhurst · Llanview, Pennsylvania · Pine Valley, Pennsylvania · Port Charles, New York · Queens Point · Spoon Island
The Brownstone · Crichton-Clark Clinic · Crimson · ELQ · Jerome Gallery · The Floating Rib · General Hospital · The Haunted Star · Kelly's · Mason, Petrovich, and Miller · Mercy Hospital · Metro Court Hotel · Port Charles Police Department · Shadybrook Sanitarium · Volonino's Gym