- Rachel redirects here, for more uses of the name, see Rachel (disambiguation).
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
|Portrayed by||Rebecca Budig|
|First appearance||March 20, 2015|
|Created by||Ron Carlivati|
|Introduced by||Frank Valentini|
|Birth name||Rachel Berlin|
|Previous legal name(s)||Hayden Barnes-Cassadine|
|Alias(es)|| Rosalie Martinez|
|Nickname(s)|| Princess, Cupcake|
|Born||September 21, 1984|
|Occupation||Financial manager at GH|
|Residence|| Quartermaine Mansion|
66 Harbor View Road
Port Charles, New York
She was conceived through an affair her parents had while they were both married to different people.
She has been portrayed by actress Rebecca Budig since the character's debut on March 20, 2015.
Daytime Emmy nominated actress and All My Children alumni Rebecca Budig, debuted on General Hospital in the role of Hayden Barnes on March 20, 2015 as the woman pretending to be the wife of Jake Doe (Billy Miller).
Budig's casting was announced on Twitter by executive producer Frank Valentini and head writer Ron Carlivati on February 10, 2015. "I've always loved GH and I love Frank, so it’s really exciting to get to go over there and play" Budig said to Soap Opera Digest. Carlivati described the character as "a real spitfire" and Valentini said it was "Killer role."
In an interview with Michael Logan for TV Insider, the character was officially revealed to be Hayden Barnes. Budig described the character as "ballsy and very direct" similar to her former All My Children character, Greenlee Smythe Lavery. "However", Budig continued, "this one is much more out there than Greenlee."
Budig admitted that she herself was surprised by some of Hayden's actions. The actress anticipated fan backlash, considering the trouble she is sure to stir up for the popular heroine Elizabeth Webber (Rebecca Herbst) in her romance with Jake. Logan described Hayden as a "maneater."
Rebecca departed from the show after her character went into to a coma, but she and her character could come back at anytime. She returned on August 3, 2015, on a four year contract.
On June 27, 2017, Soap Opera Digest reported that Budig had been let go from the show. According to Digest, GH sources claim that her exit was storyline dictated. There is no news yet on when Budig will last air.
While Hayden is her legal name, her birth name is Rachel Berlin and she is the daughter of Dr. Jeff Webber and Naomi Dreyfus via an affair the two had from 1983-84. Jeff has no idea that Hayden is his daughter.
On September 14, 2016, Hayden finds out that Jeff is her biological father and Elizabeth Webber, a woman she despises, is her half sister. Since finding out, the two have gotten closer and are starting to like each other.
Raymond Berlin, her legal father, the man she knows to be her father, organized a ponzi scheme on Wall Street a few years ago and is responsible for swindling people out of millions. Raymond is currently serving over 200 years in prison for multiple counts of security fraud.
Growing up, Hayden was a "daddy's girl" and very close to her "father" Raymond. She described herself as a precocious young child, whom her father adored. They were inseparable and she likened their relationship to that between Nikolas and Spencer Cassadine.
However, right before she entered high school, Raymond suddenly became distant and fought with Naomi a lot. Hayden wasn't sure what they were fighting about, but soon after she was sent away to boarding school. It can be inferred that Raymond could have found out about Hayden's true paternity at this time.
She has also formed a close relationship with Tracy Quartermaine.
She is currently expecting her first child with Dr. Hamilton Finn.
On March 20, 2015, Hayden arrives at Elizabeth Webber's doorstep, asking for her husband Jake. Hayden reveals to Elizabeth and Jake that the news of Jake's attempted bombing of the The Haunted Star reached Beechers Corners, where Hayden lives. Hayden read that Jake was in a terrific car accident and suffered severe brain injury and "knew it was her husband". Hayden told Jake and Elizabeth that she thought Jake had left her after a terrible fight while camping, leading to the police not taking her seriously when she reported him missing. After leaving Elizabeth's house, it is revealed that Hayden is working for Ric Lansing to break up Elizabeth and Jake, since Ric wanted Elizabeth all for himself. Following her divorce, Hayden was left broke and needed money.
After showing proof of their marriage, Jake moved into Hayden's Metro Court hotel room, although they planned to stay in Port Charles because of Jake's job. During this time, Hayden meets and starts sleeping with Nikolas Cassadine, who knows that she isn't Jake's wife because he knows that Jake is really Jason. Hayden figures out that Nikolas knows who Jake is and uses it to her advantage.
During the Nurses' Ball, Ric and Hayden are exposed and she is kicked out of the Metro Court. Hayden goes to Nikolas and starts blackmailing him (and Elizabeth) with the info that Jake is Jason. Nikolas tells her to go tell Jason the truth to get her off his back. Hayden goes to the Extreme Motors where Jake/Jason works and finds him and Sam there but before she can say anything she is shot in the head presumably by Shawn Butler, who was sent by Sonny Corinthos to kill Jake. While Sam attends to her, Hayden tells Sam that she isn't the only one who knows who Jake is. It is later revealed that Nikolas sent a hit man as well and it was him who shot Hayden. When she gets to the hospital she tries to tell Jake who he is but has a seizure but she can. Patrick operates but she is left in a coma.
On July 31, Patrick reveals to Jake and Sam that Hayden is waking up from her coma. Hayden wakes up but doesn't remember anything. When Nikolas finds out he moves her into Wyndemere to make sure that she never remembers anything about Jake being Jason. Despite Nikolas' best efforts Hayden is starting to remember. Later Sam and Jake still pester her about what she knows but she claims to not know anything and Nikolas puts a stop to that whenever they ask. Elizabeth also want to know if Hayden remembers that she knows that Jake is Jason since she does not want to lose Jason and pester her too about it which Nikolas replies that he has it under control.
After living with Nikolas a while he starts developing feeling for her and gets her a Job at ELQ and in late October she asks Nikolas if she can be his plus one to Elizabeth and Jake's wedding he reluctantly says ok. On November 5, she goes to the church with Nikolas and finds Elizabeth who is not happy that she is at her wedding and tells her that she does not want her at her wedding and Hayden replies that she would not miss this wedding for anything.
At Elizabeth's wedding she tells Elizabeth that she happy to be at her wedding and happy to be around people and cryptically tells Elizabeth it will be all over soon when discussing the wedding with her. She also tells Patrick that her memory is starting to return. On November 9, she is seen sitting with Nikolas at the wedding during the Jake is Jason reveal with a smug look on her face. Then she asked Nikolas if he knew about Jake being Jason. Later on, Hayden tries to stop Jason the strangling Nikolas. Back at Spoon Island Hayden reveals to Nikolas that she knows that he and Elizabeth knew the Jake Doe was Jason. Nikolas then confronts her saying that you knew this whole time to which Hayden replies that things were a little fuzzy until she moved in with Nikolas. Then later goes on to say tell Nikolas that he only wanted her there to make sure that she really didn't remember that Jake Doe was Jason. Then she decided to show her self in a more favorable light and developed feeling for Nikolas.
Elizabeth finds out the Hayden remembers that Jake was Jason and her Elizabeth get in a fight but Laura stops it. Then Elizabeth tells Hayden the Jason loves her now and that his old life means nothing and Hayden says thats not how Sam feels. Laura jumps in by saying that she does not know how Sam feels. Later that day we find out the Hayden is working for Tracy Quartermaine.
Hayden tells Tracy that she needs time to get ELQ back and that she needs to back off. Then Tracy tells Hayden that she is working for her and that ELQ was stolen from her. After Hayden told Tracy not to worry about what she is doing. Later Hayden and Tracy hear Emma screaming for help when a woman in the park tries to kidnap her. Hayden then walks in on Jason telling Nikolas that he going to take everything thing from him since Nikolas took everything from him leaving Hayden with a shocked face. Hayden get into there argument and tells Jason that Nikolas did nothing wrong and if he is planning on taking everything from Nikolas it involves her since she is living at his house.
Hayden goes to see Shawn in prison. While there Shawn tells Hayden that he did not shoot her and she says she knows. Hayden then precedes to tell Shawn that Jake is really Jason Morgan. Shawn is shocked that he tried to kill Jason. Hayden also tells him that the bullet the removed from her head did not come from Shawn's gun, therefore another person shot her. Shawn says he did not see another shooter there and asks if she told the cops which Hayden replies no the person who tried to have her killed (Nikolas) will come after me. Shawn tells Hayden he is relieved to know that he did not shoot a innocence woman. He also tells her that he will send someone to help her retrieve the bullet from his gun that is mostly likely in a wall at the garage. Hayden goes to the Haunted Star to meet Shawn's friend Curtis.
Hayden meets Tracy at the Metro Court bar where Tracy fires her telling her she will take Nikolas down on her own with Jason's stock to which Hayden quickly replies it will never work because Nikolas is too smart to not have a plan for Jason's stock if it comes into play. Later Laura tells Hayden that if Sam finds out the truth about Jason that she will not have anymore leverage. Hayden in replies "you don't like me very much" and goes on to tell Laura that she loves her son and that he is a wonderful man. Hayden gets a phone call from Curtis to meet her outside Kelly's.
Hayden has a dream of Nikolas telling her that he knows she's trying to prove that he had her shot and then smothering her with a pillow. She wakes up to find Nikolas standing near her. Then Hayden tells Nikolas that she had a dream that he was trying to kill her. Later she tells him that when she met Ric she had just went through a divorce and lost her job with a finance firm. She then goes on about the vase she broke months ago and asked Nikolas why he lied to her. He tells her that he lied because he thought she lost her memory and did not want her to know the secret about Jason. Curtis calls Hayden telling her that he found the bullet and she wonders how they can prove that the bullet came from Shawn's gun. Later, Curtis tells her that he did his part and for anymore help, they have to talk money.
In late December, Nikolas takes her to the Nutcracker Christmas charity event at the Metro Court. She is later upset when Nikolas and Jason physically get into a fight again. Then she is horrified when Nikolas swings a punch at Jason and Jason moves causing Nikolas to lose is balance and fall off the Metro Court restaurant terrace. After Nikolas falls off the terrace Hayden attacks Jason as Jordan comes to the scene Hayden screams "Jason pushed Nikolas over the railing". Later she tells Jordan that Jason came after Nikolas and jumped him and tells anyone she can that Jason pushed Nikolas.
Hayden is seen by Nikolas' bedside when he awakes up and tells Nikolas that Jason pushed him and tried to kill him. Later when Elizabeth tries to convince Nikolas to nit press charges against Jason. Hayden tells her and Nikolas that Jason wanted to kill him. Later she said that Jason needs to be locked up and tells Nikolas that Elizabeth is manipulating him. Later Nikolas admitted to Hayden that he is not hurt as badly as everyone thinks. She gets angry and he tells her that he took a page out of her book.
When Dante comes to Nikolas' room to question him about what happened on the terrace he asked Hayden to leave the room because he going to have to question her separately since she is a witness to what happened to which she says she not comfortable with that. Then Dante questions if they have something to hide. After she leaves the room she worry about what Nikolas is telling Dante then she gets a call from Curtis and tells him she can't meet him right now. Later when Dante tries to question her he wonder why she is so tense she says that she just emotionally jumbled and will contact him when she thinking more clearly. Later Hayden tells Nikolas that she told Dante that she was to upset and could not remember what happened. Nikolas is pleased to know that they are on the same page.
On January 7, 2016 Hayden comes into Nikolas' hospital room and tells him that she was just at ELQ and they had been severed papers, from Michael, in a lawsuit against him, who froze ELQ stock to get it back. Hayden tells Nikolas she will be happy when he is back home and Hayden gets a call from Tracy. Tracy tells her to meet her now. Hayden lies to Nikolas to leave and tells him it was about ELQ and she will see him later. Hayden asks Tracy what she wants to talk about and she tells Hayden ELQ of course. Hayden gets snippy with Tracy about the lawsuit papers and Tracy says she would love to have seen the look on Nikolas' face when he got them and she wants to know what Hayden has been doing. Hayden tells Tracy that she has to get close to Nikolas first because he's not the most trusting person in the world. Then Hayden says what does it matter and Tracy tells her it matters because your working for me and I deserve to know. Tracy tells Hayden that she knows that she needs this job and that she knows exactly who Hayden is.
Tracy continues to say that she knows who Hayden really is to which Hayden replies "I'm Hayden Barnes" then Tracy says that's just an alias. Hayden tells her someone is giving her bad information. She preceded to tell Tracy that it's her fault that she lost ELQ because she gave her stocks away because she was so obsessed with Luke that she could not see that he was sick and manipulating her. Then Hayden is prepared to leave when Tracy says "I plenty of information on the person you used to be in a middle of a scandal." Then Hayden tries to grab Tracy's cell phone from her and Tracy almost says her real name out loud. Before Hayden tells her to be quiet. Later Tracy gives Hayden one month to get her ELQ or she will tell everyone who Hayden really is. Hayden says she can get her the stock in 30 days.
After Hayden says that Tracy starts looking at her phone and says "who will I tell first about you." Hayden then agrees to get to get the stock in 30 days. Afterwards, Tracy tells Hayden about her trip to Mexico. Hayden says then "I should except you back in 30 days." To which Tracy replies "I might be back sooner and if you think about leaving town with one of your many aliases I will hunt you down." After that Hayden leaves in distress. Hayden then go back to Nikolas' hospital room just in time to hear Nikolas lie to the cops about his fight with Jason. As Nikolas continues to talk about how he needs ELQ and does not want to put Jason it jail but that he has to Hayden asks Nikolas to marry her. Later on, she and Nikolas talk in his hospital room and Nikolas says no to marriage.
Hayden is talking to Nikolas in his bedroom about Jason and Nikolas' fall off baloney while she is puffing his pillows up for him. Later Tracy calls Hayden and reveals to the audience that Hayden's real first name is Rachel. Curtis calls Hayden telling her to "pay up or he will tell Nikolas everything". After the phone call from Curtis, Nikolas tells her the lawsuit against him is going to be harder to win then he originally thought in would be. Then Hayden tells him her marriage proposal still stands. Later, Hayden meets Curtis to give him the money and he gives her information on the shooting. Eventually Nikolas does proposes to Hayden and she says yes. Later on, she calls Tracy to tell her about the engagement.
On February 3, Hayden and Nikolas go to the Camelot wedding chapel in Nevada to get married. He also gives her a huge engagement ring. After getting dressed into to fancier clothes, they get married. Hayden runs into someone from her past named Baxter Corbin and he calls her Rachel. When she sees Nikolas, Hayden acts like she doesn't know him so Nikolas won't not find out that she's not really Hayden Barnes. Later on, Hayden gives money to Baxter, and tells him that she's not Rachel and he does not know who she is.
On February 10, she and Nikolas come back from their Vegas wedding and Laura reluctantly congratulates them. Later on, she met Tracy at the Metro Court and tells her that she and Nikolas are married. Hayden gets concerned when Tracy spaces out during their conversation about ELQ. Later on, Tracy tells Hayden "that you must of learned a lot from your dad" and Hayden replies "don't talk about my dad". After that conversation Hayden meets Dillon and tells him to make sure his mother sees a doctor. Later on, back on Spoon Island Hayden tells Nikolas that her parents are both dead. Hayden finds out that there will be a reading of Helena's will from Laura. Later, she asks Nikolas if he is worried about the will. To which he replays "no I'm the first born son".
Hayden tells Elizabeth that she and Nikolas are now married. Later on, when Nikolas comes into the room, he tells Elizabeth that it's true. Then Elizabeth tells him that Hayden was trying to get into the safe. To which Hayden replies that she wanted to put her bracelet in there, so she wouldn't lose it. Then she tells Elizabeth that she would be happy to have her and her boys stay with her and Nikolas. After Elizabeth leaves to see Jake's doctors, Hayden tells Nikolas that she knows that he and Elizabeth are good friends and she is trying to keep the peace.
Hayden meets with Diane at the Metro Court. Days later, Hayden and Nikolas go to Alexis and Julian's wedding. Later on, she one of the hostages when Dixon comes running into the church with a gun. After crisis is over, she runs into Crutis on the docks.
On February 29, Hayden meets Tracy at the Floating Rib. Hayden gets worried when she see Tracy spacing out again. Later, the two of them argue about, Tracy wanting ELQ. Tracy talks about Edward and his personality and tells, Hayden that she would not what that like with a father her. Hayden replies,by saying "you do not know my father even though you think you do". Later, Hayden freaks out when Tracy has what seems to be a seizure and Griffin comes over to help.
In March, Elizabeth found out and revealed to Nikolas that Hayden is really Rachel Berlin, the daughter of a known criminal responsible for swindling people out of millions. Hayden tried to get Nikolas to believe their live is real, but she eventually resorts to blackmailing him. Nikolas finds out Hayden stashed some diamonds in her purse, and uses them to emotionally torture her. In May, Nikolas is presumed dead after falling out of a window. Elizabeth accuses Hayden of pushing Nikolas, and tells the police about the diamonds. Elizabeth smuggly tells Hayden if she can't get her convicted for killing Nikolas, she'll get her in prison for stealing the diamonds. Hayden and Elizabeth get into a fight, and Hayden's mother shows up at Wydenmere.
On November 9, 2016, Hayden was exposed to Blackwood's syndrome (the same thing that was killing Dr. Hamilton Finn. They were both cured on December 22, 2016. Afterward their brush with death, they started a relationship.
In May 2017, Finn and Hayden suspect that someone is tampering with his drug results so they switch it with Hayden's sample as they wanted to see if it still came out positive, which it did. But something else came out positive and Griffin told them that Hayden is pregnant. After finding out, Hayden wasn't sure she wanted to be a mom and Finn told her he would support her in whatever she decided. Eventually, with Finn's support, she decided to keep the baby. Hayden and Finn have also expressed that they love each other.
A couple weeks later, Hayden is seen with her nephew Cameron and her sister, Elizabeth. She offers to take Cameron for the day and ends up taking Spencer as well. She ends up frazzled when the boys get into a food fight and calls Laura for help. She tells Laura she's pregnant and is scared she won't be able to handle a child but Laura reassures her that she can in fact handle her own child.
Days later, Hayden has some morning sickness and runs into an exam room (where Elizabeth and Jake are) to throw up. She then tells Elizabeth that she's pregnant and she is very happy for her. Later on, she hangs out with Jake and he tells her that she's pretty cool and hugs her.
- Stole diamonds from her father before the FBI could seize them
- Fraud; pretended to be Jake Doe's wife under the orders of Ric Lansing, who was paying her to do it [Mar 20-May 1, 2015; revealed Mar 24, 2015]
- Withheld the information that Jake Doe was actually Jason Morgan [Feb 1-Nov 6, 2015; revealed May 2015]
- Blackmailed Nikolas Cassadine and Elizabeth Webber about Jake being Jason [May-Dec 2015]
- Worked with Tracy Quartermaine in an attempt to steal ELQ from Nikolas [Nov 2015-Apr 2016; plot failed and she was fired by Tracy]
- Made the false statement against Jason Morgan that he tossed Nikolas Cassadine from the Metro Court terrace (Nikolas actually accidentally tossed himself off the roof trying to punch Jason across the face during a fight) [Dec 23, 2015]
- Got into a cat fight with Elizabeth [Jun 3, 2016]
- Broke into the hospital's locker room in order to retrieve Dr. Finn's notebook containing drugs [Jun 2016; Hayden lied about the reasoning to Elizabeth]
- Broke into the hospital again dressed as a doctor in order to retrieve Dr. Finn's drugs [Jun 30, 2016; plot failed and she was caught by Elizabeth in the act]
- Smuggled a syringe containing drugs from the hospital into a PCPD prison cell for Dr. Finn [Jul 1-5, 2016]
- Slapped Elizabeth [Aug 29, 2016]
- Taped Dr. Hamilton Finn to a chair under his orders in an attempt to help him detoxify from his Zen-Zen addiction [Mar 23, 2017]
Health and Vitals
- Manhandled by Nikolas Cassadine [Apr 30, 2015]
- In the line of fire when Shawn Butler was sent to kill Jason Morgan (aka Jake) [May 18, 2015]
- Shot in the head by a hit man under the orders of Nikolas Cassadine [May 18, 2015]
- Suffered a seizure [revealed May 19, 2015]
- Went into surgery to remove the bullet from her head and the surgery was successful but she was left comatose [May 19, 2015; revealed May 20, 2015]
- Was in a coma [May 19-Jul 31, 2015]
- Held hostage at gunpoint in a chapel-full of people by Landon Dixon [Feb 19, 2016; shown from Feb 23-24, 2016]
- Slapped by Elizabeth Webber [Mar 28, 2016]
- Manhandled by Nikolas [May 25, 2016]
- Her blood type is A+ (also RH-null) [revealed Sep 8, 2016]
- Donated blood to save Elizabeth [Sep 12, 2016]
- Cut her finger on a piece of broken glass [Nov 9, 2016]
- Passed out [Nov 9, 2016]
- Was dying from Blackwood's syndrome the same disease as Dr. Hamilton Finn [revealed Nov 29, 2016; name revealed Dec 19, 2016; cured Dec 22, 2016]
- Had a seizure [Dec 13, 2016]
- Flatlined but was brought back to life [Dec 19-20, 2016]
- Ignored Jordan Ashford's intercom calls to evacuate the hospital due to a bomb having been placed on the premises and was locked in the locker room [Mar 10-13, 2017]
- Manhandled by Dr. Hamilton Finn after she taped him to a chair under his orders [Mar 24, 2017]
- ↑ First named revealed on January 15, 2016.
- ↑ Last name revealed on March 24, 2016.
- ↑ It was stated on May 2, that she had legally changed her name to Hayden.
- ↑ Nikolas lied and said that he and Rosalie were dating to keep both of "covers" intact. When Valerie Spencer (who was living with Nikolas at the time) walks in to find Hayden and Nikolas kissing, Valerie assumes that she is Rosalie so Hayden decides to go along with it.
- ↑ Seen on her driver's license on July 13, 2015.
- ↑ Revealed on November 2, 2016.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyxtqXtIP9Y ... Mentioned at minute 5:06.
- ↑ On March 24, 2015, Hayden tells Ric that her ex-husband left her with a mountain of debt.
- ↑ On December 8, she mentions her ex-husband again to Nikolas.
- ↑ On March 25, 2016, it was revealed that she is Rachel Berlin and that the real reason she lost her husband was because of what her father did.
- ↑ It was stated on May 2, that she legally changed her name to Hayden Barnes.
- ↑ REBECCA BUDIG JOINS GH!. American Media, Inc.. Retrieved on February 10, 2015.
- ↑ Rebecca Budig Joins GH!. Bauer Media Group. Retrieved on February 10, 2015.
- ↑ She's a Maneater: Daytime Fave Rebecca Budig Hits General Hospital. TVGM Holdings, LLC. Retrieved on March 20, 2015.
- ↑ http://www.inquisitr.com/2111277/general-hospital-spoilers-rebecca-budig-departs-show-as-hayden/ http://www.welovesoaps.net/2015/05/rebecca-budig-ends-run-as-hayden-on.html
- ↑ http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-rebecca-budig-gh-exit/
- ↑ http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/rebecca-budig-back-gh/
- ↑ http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/its-official-rebecca-budig-back-gh
- ↑ http://www.generalhospitalblog.com/2015/08/11/rebecca-budigs-big-gh-contract-news/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaSVUsKSQH0
- ↑ http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/rebecca-budig-gh/
- ↑ http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/rebecca-budig-speaks-gh-exit/
- ↑ Confirmed by Heather Webber on August 29, 2016 ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuhXRFPoYZk
- ↑ http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/robin-riker-joins-gh
- ↑ "Hayden: Yes. I'm Rachel Berlin, Raymond Berlin's daughter."... http://tvmegasite.net/transcripts/gh/older/2016/gh-trans-03-25-16.shtml
- ↑ Raymond was sentenced to 200 years, 4 months, and 6 days as stated by Hayden on June 6, 2016.
- ↑ Hayden described her relationship with Raymond on 8-22-16.
- ↑ "Finn: There's not. No, there's not. People with this Rh-null blood can only receive RH-null blood, not even regular O-neg will cut it, all right? We need to get her to the hospital now."
- ↑ http://www.rhnegativeregistry.com/rh_negative_rare_and_basic_blood_types.html
- ↑ http://www.fastmed.com/health-resources/related-searches/what-is-the-rarest-blood-type
- ↑ http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-types