|Born|| May 29, 1991 |
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
|Character|| Starr Manning|
|Duration|| 2012-13 (Starr)|
Kristen DeAnn Alderson is an American actress and singer. She is best known for playing Starr Manning, most recently on the ABC soap opera General Hospital, and previously on the former ABC soap opera One Life to Live. She potrayed Kiki Jerome on GH from 2013 to 2015.
Alderson would be one of the main Llanview transplants with Roger Howarth and Michael Easton, that was placed on contract with the GH series. She returned after a brief mandated stint, with a first air date of May 13, as Kiki Jerome. Alderson won the Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Younger Actress in 2013.
Kristen was born on May 29, 1991 in Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania to Richard and Kathy Alderson. She has a younger brother, Eddie, who played Matthew Buchanan on OLTL until its cancellation. At six years old, Alderson auditioned for the One Life to Live role of Starr Manning in February 1998 and has portrayed the character since March 20, 1998, and was put on contract at the age of nine. She was at the time the youngest actor on daytime television with a contract role.
Kristen experienced her first kiss on-screen, when Starr and her boyfriend Travis O'Connell kissed. In 2005, Kristen received a Soap Opera Digest Award for "Favorite Teen" for her work on OLTL. While acting, she attended a Catholic school in Pennsylvania through the seventh grade, but received on-set tutoring in the eighth grade. She then attended the Professional Performing Arts School in New York for high school.
After OLTL's cancellation, Kristen moved to Los Angeles with her brother, where she continued her role of Starr on GH. Due to the OLTL reboot she will return to GH as a new character. She has returned to GH as Kiki Jerome, her full name is Lauren Katherine "Kiki" Jerome.
She currently resides in Los Angeles.
On September 24, 2013, Kristen Alderson was honored as "The Star of Tomorrow" by the ZEPHRA Magazine Recognition Awards and the City of West Hollywood issued a proclamation for the actress.
- One Life to Live: Starr Manning (Spring 1998 to January 13, 2012)
- General Hospital: Starr Manning (February 24, 2012 to March 20, 2013)
- General Hospital: Lauren Katherine "Kiki" Jerome (May 13, 2013 to February 16, 2015)
|2003||Young Artist Award Young Actress Age Ten or Younger for Best Performance in a TV Series (Comedy or Drama)||OLTL||Nominated|
|2005||Soap Opera Digest Award for Favorite Teen||OLTL||Won|
|2008||Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV series - Recurring Young Actress||OLTL||Nominated|
|2009||Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV Series - Recurring Young Actress||OLTL||Nominated|
|2009||Young Artist Award for Outstanding Young Ensemble in a TV Series (shared with Eddie Alderson, Camila Banus, Carmen LoPorto and Austin Williams)||OLTL||Nominated|
|2013||Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series||GH||Won|
|2014||Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series||GH||Nominated|
|2015||Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series||GH||Nominated|
- ↑ http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Celebrity-Corner-Kristen-Alderson/14000a97-8a8f-4636-a37e-c4897ab3eccf
- ↑ http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/ghs-kristen-alderson-out
- ↑ http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/kristen-alderson-why-i-decided-to-leave-general-hospital-video-message-to-fans/2015/01/14/
- ↑ General Hospital’s Kristen Alderson Interview: Her Daytime Emmy Nomination, New GH Character & OLTL Revival!. Retrieved on May 8, 2013.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/krisalderson/status/632738064683560960